1. ammar's rating of the film Providence

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Providence

Une pure merveille cinématographique, d'une rigoureuse construction associative entre gravité et cohérence, imaginaire et réalisme qui enchante l'âme et la pensée... www.cinefiches.com

3. Lars Åndheim's rating of the film Providence

*** 1/2 Two intentions and voices that never emulsify—oil and vinegar, brass and velvet, British and French, Apollo and Dionysos. Still fascinating.

4. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Providence

5. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Providence

6. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Providence

Resnais pulling a Resnais, nihil sub sole novum here. Not on par with his greatest work, but not bad, either. I pondered about giving it 4 stars, but was actually a bit bored here and there, so I judge it a tad overlong & kind of redundant once you acknowledge how the aesthetic structure works. But nice juxtapositions here and there & some great dialogue with a brilliant, brilliant cast.

7. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Providence

John Gielgud's all-too-gradually dying novelist, a self-described former revolutionary turned monster of ego, has a searing pain flashing right up his ass. Inaccessible to alcoholic succor (despite his persistent application of heroic doses), the pain keeps him up at night, a demonic muse spurring the composition of one last novel, a convoluted contortion of his family's history into rebarbative, devolutionary farce.

8. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Providence

5 stars for the cinematography, but the story is too busy for me.

9. daxterpt999's rating of the film Providence

Talvez se lembrem, mas era mentira. Não foi nada assim. E como estávamos perto de morrer...

10. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Providence

I need to revisit this once again just to re-construct the real narrative, if there is one, but this is so much fun.

11. Pan32's rating of the film Providence

Too dense for any meaningful grasp of a center. The business with the wine became annoying

12. Freude's rating of the film Providence

..ought to drink a glass of white wine with this one!

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Providence

my first Renais' encounter, a 6/10, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/last-film-i-saw-providence/

14. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Providence

Inscrutable games from Resnais; hit and miss as a result. It's redeemed by the solid ensemble performances.

15. moonfleet's rating of the film Providence

PROVIDENCE, still not on dvd, it's a shame !!