1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Psycho

You could ask the question 'Why do we need an almost duplicate remake of Psycho?' Probably for the bunghole. That's all I can figure out.

2. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Psycho

This film sucks because Vince Vaughn is far too revealing, Perkins had subtlety up the wazoo

3. That Geek With The Clip-Ons's rating of the film Psycho

It's a nearly shot for shot remake of a classic, do I really need to explain why this sucks? None of these actors hold a candle to the original cast. Also, shot for shot basically means no actual creative effort was put into it, if you're going to remake something at least do something different with it.

4. João R's rating of the film Psycho

Hate it for whatever reason you may like, but the truth is that I can't seem to fully hate a movie that is so similiar (apart from the obvious modernization) to its source material, which I adore. I do think it was unnecessary, mainly because it often seemed very mechanic (maybe because it was trying to stay "true" to the original or perhaps because it just wanted to be a colorized version).

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Psycho

Tout le monde reconnaitra le scénario du chef-d'oeuvre classique d'Alfred Hitchcock, version 1998, qu'on pourrait bien sûr appréhender comme un fervent hommage, mais qu'il faudrait plutôt voir comme un accaparement froid et radical de l'oeuvre, dans de mercantiles visées économiques... www.cinefiches.com

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Psycho

7. Paul Albert's rating of the film Psycho

An interesting experiment, nothing more.

8. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Psycho

9. smndvdcl's rating of the film Psycho

Whilst a near play-by-play of Hitchcock's 1960s original might have been unnecessary, this is a fascinating learning experience for Van Sant as a director, who deduced that the soul of the filmmaker will still emanate instinctively no matter what degree of imitation with regards to the original, is at play.

10. Aaken's rating of the film Psycho

Interesting as an artistic experiment, perhaps more intriguing for those who know the original. But as a film itself, it doesn't of course (but then why 'of course"?) have the strength of Hitchcock's original. The end result is nonetheless very odd and uneasy. No longer just a film to watch but a very captivating exercice de style. (But Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates...)

11. le Gars's rating of the film Psycho

Van Sant + Hitchcock + Warhol

12. Diderot's rating of the film Psycho

Sometimes I think this is one of the most brilliant arthouse stunts ever pulled off. Other times I just really enjoy this movie and that it exists. Don't listen to all the feigned indignance. Watch it, and then watch it again. You know you love it.

13. ceknklsn's rating of the film Psycho

14. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Psycho

15. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Psycho

Reproduction (couleur) à l'identique de l'original (NB). Un magnifique travail, toute la force et les émotions reviennent.

16. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Psycho

Making a shot-for-shot-remake is sure to draw ire but it is honest at least. In a day and age filled with reboots and reimaginings this almost felt fresh. There´s no pretending to improve, alter, add or leave out things. Just a remake in every sense of the word. And it's not badly made. An interesting experience.

17. MGeo's rating of the film Psycho

I will give Van Sant credit in that this movie is a valuable example of why shot-for-shot remakes A: don't work, and B: must never be done again. Otherwise, this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The tone/direction is completely flat/wrong, everyone -Macy excepted- is completely miscast (see: Vince Vaughn) and the added shots are offensive & pretentious. Van Sant did prove one thing: he ain't Hitchcock.

18. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Psycho

19. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Psycho

Why make a movie where every scene is the exact same as in the old version? Money...

20. "O" Luís Miranda's rating of the film Psycho

Completely useless film. It's only purpose is proving that there is absolutely no purpose in doing this movie.

21. emichan's rating of the film Psycho

22. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Psycho

Vince Vaughn was miscast here badly.

23. Eric Lachance's rating of the film Psycho

Gus Van Sant didn't want to be mainstream anyway.

24. JUERGEN_K's rating of the film Psycho

had to watch this terrible film for a committed review ... weak ... very weak ... hitch would feel ashamed