1. captainfez's rating of the film Psychohydrography

This screensaver takes far too long to cycle.

2. Paul Rot's rating of the film Psychohydrography

3. DUBKA's rating of the film Psychohydrography

hipnoticamente alucinante... muy buena fotografia.

4. AEDR2's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Buena calidad de tomas y video. Sin embargo es larga y aburrida. Me imaginé algo más científico, ya sabes, el ciclo del agua, en vivo y en directo. Desde el vapor hasta el hielo, pasando por el líquido. No me imaginé tomas cortadas de agua fluyendo.

5. panagiotatos's rating of the film Psychohydrography

5,5/10, after the first minutes it gets boring, too long to keep you interested. visually flawless though.

6. Stalok's rating of the film Psychohydrography

I have never thought that ine day I will be sitting home watching something like this. I would have never imagined I would love move like this that much. Now I wish I could watch it alone in empty IMAX. Just me, this movie and wonderful sounds of water.

7. triandafilia's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Nice idea, but it seems just a slide show on water and it's journey... It could be shorter, it's boring to watch for about one hour...

8. Dries's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Psichedelico ma fine a se stesso e alla lunga noioso

9. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Final score: 9. Storyline: 9, Originality: 9, Cinematography: 9, Involvement: 7, Sound: 9, Editing: 9, Educational: 9, Title design: 0, Acting: 0, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 9, Exciting: 7, Superior: 8

10. Julian Renard's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Insaisissable, légère, discrète, agitée, bruyante, contenue. "L'eau c'est la vie" dit-on. J'en suis plus que jamais convaincu après la vision de ce film hors norme.

11. Max Gould-Meisel's rating of the film Psychohydrography

This film ia a natural mirror held up to the 'stationary static' that is the dichotomy of greater Los Angeles. Seeing so much movement, and hearing so many wave variants, this gem carries the frequencies of industry and nature, reminding us how perception, timing and longevity play out in the human imposition of bending nature. The last shot, of backwards rolling ocean waves, is a return to the imminent source.

12. Armando's rating of the film Psychohydrography

I loved it. The finale has the power of the closing scene of Kubrick's 2001 Space Odyssey. Haunting.

13. G.'s rating of the film Psychohydrography

Put this on figuring it was something I could half-watch over supper... took me roughly two-and-a-half hours to finish as I had to pause and just sit on a frame about every two to three minutes, and then felt compelled to re-watch the closing waves scene thrice. Fortunately I wasn't having shrooms for supper otherwise I might have lived with this film all night!

14. CinemaSlug's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Got almost 11 minutes in. Wanted it to land but the looped gif aesthetic and frame dropping/speeding up effect does something unpleasant... feels fraudulent. Samsara really just does it better - the camera moves and it feels less post produced.

15. Jason's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Aside from being a thing of great beauty and meditative density, Psychohydrography is extremely thoughtful as a look at how man controls and regulates the flow of water. Indeed webs and networks (inarguably, it would seem, the symbols of our age) have always been about regulating flow. As a social animal, that is what man is: a regulator of flows. The shimmering, plasticine uncanniness of the water is magical.

16. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Psychohydrography

A very hypnotic journey, showing the flow of water from the mountains to the city and sea. An amazing experimental film, with time lapse photography, showing beautiful shots with an incredible colour palette, many times from the reflection in the water. Surprisingly beautiful and hypnotic. The beginning has some similarities with my short documentary "Matriz". :)

17. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Thousand manifestations of water, in mesmerising pictures complemented with creative audio design. I was thrilled for the first half of the film, after which it didn't evolve anymore. The pictures are really beautifully composed, but the night time views of cities and industrial areas shot with unreal colors and general HDR exaggeration looked rather cheesy. I preferred the abstract movements of water.

18. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Psychohydrography

19. marianus's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Started out great, half way it got boring, did not change...

20. Claudia Pittnerová's rating of the film Psychohydrography

21. Roshan's rating of the film Psychohydrography

This film is a very generous and deeply meditated invitation to contemplate human, nature, civilization, human-nature and the nature of civilization. What's fascinating in my viewing experience, is that water itself becomes not the subject of the film, but facilitates the movement of thought.

22. muanabanana's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Film zabiera Cię w trans po swoim pół kosmicznym, pół rzeczywistym świecie o niesamowitych kolorach. Powinien być wyświetlany w pomieszczeniu, które wzmaga ten efekt.

23. msmichel's rating of the film Psychohydrography

'And as long as it does I'll just sit here and watch the river flow'. Beautiful experimental film from Peter Bo Rappmund that melds time-lapse animation and high-dynamic range photography into a memorable trip through the source of the Los Angeles River and its flow. Naturalistic soundtrack from Thomas Ashcraft also offers its rewards.

24. luisquintais@gmail.com's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Brilliant! This is, probably, the Dziga Vertov of the twentieth first century. No kidding!

← Previous 1 3 4 5