1. Missphit's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Love the sound. As film loved the quality of the images. It´s too long, should be a short-movie.

2. Noli Manaig's rating of the film Psychohydrography

I have the intervalometer in hand & ready to snap away in earnest. Scratch that, let's make it automatic. Let the camera do its thing, with parameters of choice, shutter, aperture, etc. What's sure is to train it at flows of water, aqueducts, stagnancies & suchlike, & see how we can stitch this together in lightroom or some other application. Finally, let's slap on it something highfalutin. I have a novel to finish.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Psychohydrography

4. PetehDCan's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Wonderful cinematography and skillful editing, but that was all I got. I know a grander narrative was being told through the animation, a story of how water flows from mountains to aqueducts to cities and finally to the sea. This film does not do for water supply what Koyaanisqatsi did for humanity's relationship with nature and technology. Or perhaps it does, but the former just isn't as compelling a narrative.

5. Cosma's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Finally one truly un-human, post-human, speculative film. Even though the choice to accelerate the images, that mainly creates this pseudo-objective look, is itself human. But no worries, that's a nihilist dilemma... and I am a nihilist and I love dilemmas.

6. lucisand's rating of the film Psychohydrography

i must admit i watched it skipping some scenes, but nonetheless the method is quite remarkable and interesting.

7. Quattro's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Many times I was almost overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of the images – I loved the natural landscapes, and the abstract ones. And don't understimate the work behind the motion, the editing and above all, the sound design: it has a musicality of its own, capturing the spirit of the landscapes way deeper than photography alone ever could. Maybe I'd have cut off something – but still, it's so close to perfection.

8. josh scam's rating of the film Psychohydrography

deep nature, deep cinephelia

9. Kristof's rating of the film Psychohydrography

10. Korial's rating of the film Psychohydrography

11. skjvr's rating of the film Psychohydrography

the earth as a painting. cinema as the canvas

12. Ruben's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Water = energy, waves = frequency. The concept is very simple actually. Sometimes simple things are more energizing, like this film: vibrant in both image and sound

13. captainfez's rating of the film Psychohydrography

This screensaver takes far too long to cycle.

14. Paul Rot's rating of the film Psychohydrography

15. DUBKA's rating of the film Psychohydrography

hipnoticamente alucinante... muy buena fotografia.

16. AEDR2's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Buena calidad de tomas y video. Sin embargo es larga y aburrida. Me imaginé algo más científico, ya sabes, el ciclo del agua, en vivo y en directo. Desde el vapor hasta el hielo, pasando por el líquido. No me imaginé tomas cortadas de agua fluyendo.

17. panagiotatos's rating of the film Psychohydrography

5,5/10, after the first minutes it gets boring, too long to keep you interested. visually flawless though.

18. Stalok's rating of the film Psychohydrography

I have never thought that ine day I will be sitting home watching something like this. I would have never imagined I would love move like this that much. Now I wish I could watch it alone in empty IMAX. Just me, this movie and wonderful sounds of water.

19. triandafilia's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Nice idea, but it seems just a slide show on water and it's journey... It could be shorter, it's boring to watch for about one hour...

20. Dries's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Psichedelico ma fine a se stesso e alla lunga noioso

21. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Final score: 9. Storyline: 9, Originality: 9, Cinematography: 9, Involvement: 7, Sound: 9, Editing: 9, Educational: 9, Title design: 0, Acting: 0, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 9, Exciting: 7, Superior: 8

22. Julian Renard's rating of the film Psychohydrography

Insaisissable, légère, discrète, agitée, bruyante, contenue. "L'eau c'est la vie" dit-on. J'en suis plus que jamais convaincu après la vision de ce film hors norme.

23. Max Gould-Meisel's rating of the film Psychohydrography

This film ia a natural mirror held up to the 'stationary static' that is the dichotomy of greater Los Angeles. Seeing so much movement, and hearing so many wave variants, this gem carries the frequencies of industry and nature, reminding us how perception, timing and longevity play out in the human imposition of bending nature. The last shot, of backwards rolling ocean waves, is a return to the imminent source.

24. Armando's rating of the film Psychohydrography

I loved it. The finale has the power of the closing scene of Kubrick's 2001 Space Odyssey. Haunting.

← Previous 1 3 4 5