1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Pumpkin

Pumpkin is not your normal movie. It's a bit of a satire on all those stupid college movies with evil sorority girls and fraternity guys. We had to stop hating minorities in the 80's, so the privileged, white blond athletic types became the bad guys. But did you know those people actually have feelings and cry?

2. JMKE's rating of the film Pumpkin

the ending would make me want to LOL if i saw it in a cinema... but i don't think i'd really do that

3. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Pumpkin

One of the great, appallingly misunderstood comedies of the modern age. This may be because it is satire so raw, so pure that it likely went over the heads of many critics at the time. It may also be because the movie takes no prisoners, and isn't afraid to pole vault over the line between political correctness and the taboo realm of our society. It is able to say the most brutally honest things.

4. john barry bornstein's rating of the film Pumpkin

Really, Kent? His transformation was so contrived. Pumpkin is okay, I guess. The soundtrack sparkled at times.

5. Sarah Smith's rating of the film Pumpkin

So happy to see this finally added to the mubi site. One of my favorites.

6. MR. Universe's rating of the film Pumpkin

Great soundtrack, but it seems to try too hard tobe like shocking like a John Waters film that doesn't know it's supposed tobe in on the joke. Though has ambitions of being sort of a mainstream romance with a indie twist. it ends up all over the place

7. Polyglot's rating of the film Pumpkin

It's campy, but in a good way.

8. Joe Bowman's rating of the film Pumpkin

PUMPKIN is in a rare class of films that fails on nearly every single level for the first 99% of their running time, only to deliver such an unexpected, brilliant closing minute that almost makes the tedium of sitting through the proceeding–in this case 112–minutes a worthy sacrifice. Almost.