1. HKFanatic's rating of the film Punished

Revenge has become a de facto theme for a lot of Asian films these past few years but "Punished" is one of the weakest examples of the genre I can recall seeing, despite Johnnie To handling producer duties. The non-linear editing felt like it was merely meant to distract from the unlikeable characters, workman-like direction, half-hearted Buddhist subplot, and a general lack of hard-hitting violence.

2. Don't Get Nasty Brother's rating of the film Punished

No contiene la espectacularidad en torno a las escenas de acción como en las otras películas producidas (y dirigidas) por Johnnie To, pero me agradó ver que no cayó en los lugares comunes de las películas de venganza. Incluso hay una cierta aproximación realista a algunas escenas, en especial las violentas, que la verdad me agradó bastante. Anthony Wong y Richie Ren sobresalen.

3. madebydanlam's rating of the film Punished

A very well put together revenge flick, with great performances from Anthony Wong and Richie Ren. Mature and quite serious, if not a little unbalanced in terms of editing. Could use a little more suspense and possibly action, but for a Hong Kong film it's better than most films coming out of that island nowadays.