1. érzéki's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

Sadly just as relevant now. Relentless, moving and inspiring - albeit slightly directionless. Really shines a light on the courageousness of political dissidence in Russia.

2. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

Documentary about the pussy riot movement... A bunch of female artists fighting Putin and the link in Russia between politics and religion. The documentary is good but I am not sure this form of activism was and is effective...

3. Feng Ling's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

their message seems to have some fundamental inconsistencies. peace and expression were claimed alongside chants of kill/riot/death and I disagree with the value of the "shock." as far as anti-putin...sure one can't passively wait for a benevolent despot but without more concrete suggestions for reform it is just as useless. the main merits of the film are in talking about their different upbringings.

4. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

I hate to admit it, but before I watched this film I had only ever vaguely heard of Pussy Riot. I wasn't at all familiar or even aware of their struggle. Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer (2013) is an incredibly well crafted and emotional documentary. This is why I love MUBI! This site allows me to explore films that I would have never heard of on my own. I loved this film and I love MUBI!

5. caitlin.f's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

someone else wrote about how this painted pussy riot as naive idiots & i have to agree. the focus was more on their families & how they are affected than the actual activists & their movement.

6. Operation Kino's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

7. ijustgetbored's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

Protesting authoritarian rule, sexism, and inequality is inherently disruptive & messy: these things are part of the oppositional art of punk. Pussy Riot gets that, the filmmakers don't. The scenes of DIY creation and performance are exuberant; the courtroom scenes are as tepid as Law & Order, unless the defendants are speaking. Focus on the trial and auxiliary players waters down the pure punk force at the core.

8. Adam Foldi's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

amazing film. i'm rarely moved by any film but this made me cry

9. Ben Loory's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

well i still don't really understand what they're about, but i like the masks

10. ronny's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

a pretty standard style of documentary on a fascinating, distressing, inspiring group of young women with bigger balls than anyone in this comment section. also: good lesson on hiring a lawyer that isn't a complete shithead. (if you can afford it.)

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

12. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

Really enjoyed this doc chronicling Pussy Riot's arrest and trial. Explains things clearly and fairly. Hard to believe how corrupt government, courts and religion are and how they are all so entangled. Such a crime in itself.

13. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

A definite interesting and intriguing look at a counterculture fighting for their rights in an oppressive society. Both an interesting aesthetic and opportunity to peer into the minds and drive behind the artists in the group. The film has a better story than delivery -- the narrative drags at points. The film is saved by some performance scenes that punctuate and breathe life into the film.

14. smndvdcl's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

No matter what faults this doc may have, or whoever may unfairly sideline Pussy Riot, one needs to accept that they are the most effective punk band of the 21st century so far.

15. Jason's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

Pretty much exactly what you would expect. I like what yr average insurrectionist muckraker gets up to far more than what yr average, lazy liberal documentarian gets up to, that's for sure. Any disdain viewers of this doc may feel for yr average Russian is not shared by me.

16. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

Soon everyone will have forgotten about Pussy Riot and this documentary.

17. Juan Valero's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

Pudieron haber hecho más con el material disponible. Apesar de no ser un documental largo, se siente muy lento.

18. kacey's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

An interesting story told in a conventional way.

19. Emre Busse's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

oxymoronic narrative approaches annoyed me. We saw their families more than them. Feminist theory accepts woman as a subject neither their hetero normative fathers nor their believer mothers. In addition to this we should see about what's behind of it and maybe more interviews with the other anonymous pussy riot members. It was really HBO doc. Anyways, who gives a fuck to putin?

20. Duarte Lima's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

this movie could have been my research about pussy riot in yotube, blogger and wikipedia in about 10m

21. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

★★★ funny and explicatory, but where is the exploration of wider issues?

22. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

Not a documentary that transcends its subject matter; or illuminates new insights, but it is an engaging overview of these three Pussy Riot members' arrest and trials plus a bit of background on the group, the women, and their families.

23. Andrés Pff's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

24. Bartolomé de las Casas's rating of the film Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer

the documentary does little to develop the group's "government bad chaos good" mentality and in the end they come across as naive idiots.