1. jamshid's rating of the film Queen Christina

Garbo's charisma at her highest level! She looks determined and tactful as a ruling queen and vulnerable as a lover. Cinematography by William Daniels who photographed Garbo in 12 films.

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Queen Christina

Even in this stodgy movie she comes through magisterially in key scenes. One of a kind.

3. starlolix's rating of the film Queen Christina

christina rainha, magnus nadinha

4. bryanvmh's rating of the film Queen Christina

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film Queen Christina

Great. Probably my fav Garbo talkie after Ninotchka, this was a role that seemed tailor made for her gifts as an actress. Gilbert is fine here, and watching today makes it seem unfathomable that his career went down the shitter so rapidly. I understand the studios were a big part of it, but his performance here is great. Youd think audiences would have spoken out/he wouldve been given more roles, but alas not so.

6. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Queen Christina

7. onfime's rating of the film Queen Christina

must we live for the dead?

8. sónia fialho's rating of the film Queen Christina

"Estou cansada de ser um símbolo. Eu quero ser um ser humano!"

9. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Queen Christina

Beautifully made tragic drama with one powerful standout element: Garbo. Her performance perfectly captures the burden of monarchy and its repression of individuality.

10. N. C.'s rating of the film Queen Christina

I have been memorizing the room.

11. Dave's rating of the film Queen Christina

Perhaps I was expecting something more like The Scarlet Empress, but for some reason I never fully got into this one. Liked large sections of it though, so it is a solid 3/5.

12. apexa's rating of the film Queen Christina

This really was a role that Garbo was born to play. Her best talkie by far.

13. chanandre's rating of the film Queen Christina

[Cinémathèque PT #268: 35 mm] Often mentioned as containing the best piece of acting ever - Greta Garbo staring into the horizon, at the ship's prow.

14. Sarah Fonseca's rating of the film Queen Christina

Wish Garbo could have done more films of this nature. She was clearly in her element when portraying the androgynous Queen of Sweden.

15. Amy's rating of the film Queen Christina

I love that scene where Queen Christina says "I don't intend to [die an old maid], I'll die a bachelor!" responding to the requests of marriage. It's been decades... sadly not much has changed. boo hoo~