1. woofwoofwoof's rating of the film Queen of Earth

I liked this only because I first interpreted it as being about how men impact and infect women's relations with each other, our physical/mental health and also ability to find peace and comfort in each other. From that perspective it's valuable to me. Beyond that men need to be outright banned from writing/directing stories that explore ~female madness~ and the sexuality of teenage girls.

2. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Queen of Earth

3. Ash's rating of the film Queen of Earth

4. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Queen of Earth

there's this amazing long shot that lies on the face of one of them while the other one is talking, it's so disturbing.

5. érzéki's rating of the film Queen of Earth

Giving it the third star for Elisabeth Moss' performance... but I expected much more from the film.

6. Billy Casper's World's rating of the film Queen of Earth

For a film that is supposed to be about mental illness and a deteriorating friendship, it fails badly to show any believable emotional feeling or turmoil and it doesn't even show why they were friends in the first place. A poor excuse of storytelling, that resembles an unoriginal music video or bad TV drama. This film would've made more sense as sci-fi or as a music video. Not even fancy font can save this mess.

7. itwstlnd's rating of the film Queen of Earth

worthless repulsive garbage. You see from a mile the director is a man who knows shit. I don't care about what you need to do to affirm yourself as a director. You make me vomit and I hate you. Stick to your shit before adventuring into unknown land. To the viewer: use your time wisely and and watch Through a Glass Darkly instead of this shit

8. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Queen of Earth

A beautiful failure. The summer light in particular is fantastic here, and unexpected with this kind of heavy-tragic atmosphere (rainy and stormy come often on the menu). But the pretentious Bergman writing is bad, the bourgeois drama quite tiring. I understand Alex Ross Perry likes to test our nerves, he loves to be provoking instead of giving the audience what they're looking for. But still a failure it is.

9. MistaRichard's rating of the film Queen of Earth

After his masterful, but enormously overlooked third feature length film, "Listen Up Philip", Ross Perry delivers a thoughtful and slightly disturbing portrait of depression and cynicism in the face of it. Elisabeth Moss is nothing short of breathtaking.

10. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Queen of Earth

This movie definitely proves Alex Ross Perry is one of the most audacious and talented indie directors working in the US today; a strange mix of Polanski, Baumbach and Allen with a powerful performance from Elisabeth Moss. Perry's style feels so delectably cinematic and so mysteriously subtle - I always enjoy that strong anti-plot approach he establishes with his language. Really looking forward to GOLDEN EXITS now!

11. cabrapreta's rating of the film Queen of Earth

12. itchycoil's rating of the film Queen of Earth

this movie lives or dies by elizabeth moss' performance and boy does she not let go

13. Carolina Pereira's rating of the film Queen of Earth

Excelentes representações. Muito intenso e de uma claustrofobia e desconfortabilidade gigante, que leva facilmente o espectador a visualizar-se no lugar de Virgínia. Bastante confuso mas de uma excelente cinematografia. O final foi demasiado inconclusivo e vago, o que torna difícil a sua interpretação, o que também é dificultado pelas contradições que observamos ao longo do filme.

14. Steve G.'s rating of the film Queen of Earth

"Produced by Joe Swanberg" are the second most chilling words I read on movie credits.

15. Margeaux St.Croix's rating of the film Queen of Earth

Watch this movie if you love really annoying characters

16. Will Linhares's rating of the film Queen of Earth

17. Absentia's rating of the film Queen of Earth

18. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Queen of Earth

Like 'Girls', only less cinematic :p It was all bickerdreadbickerbreadbickerdread. A star for the soundtrack at least and Elisabeth Moss's performance. The scene with her boyfriend at the start was a good example of how someone speaking in a "rational" voice in an argument can be far more aggressive than someone shouting in tears. But I really didn't like it!

19. rulesofachia's rating of the film Queen of Earth

3.5 It helps to watch this as a 'small' low-key drama that pays homage to old American psychological horrors in mood/feel rather than trying to equal them. There's no big payoff or overly surreal scenes and that's fine! I appreciated the little things about the film such as the music, the great performances, the location etc. Nothing grand but a haunting little gem nonetheless.

20. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film Queen of Earth

some incredibly powerful performances, i loved elisabeth moss but i can't say i enjoyed it.

21. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Queen of Earth

There was me thinking cinema had evolved past this form of horrendous acting 30+ years ago.

22. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Queen of Earth

23. DSPRKY's rating of the film Queen of Earth

Moss is suitably creepy and the score is atmospheric. What I don't like is the liberal use of flashbacks, which depict pre-loss Moss in the same stuck-up light as she appears in the film's present tense. Seems thematically dissonant.

24. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Queen of Earth