1. ejonline's rating of the film Queer China, 'Comrade' China

Not being an LGBT person in China, I have no idea what it took to make this film and what the impact has been on both the LGBT community and the larger society. On the structural or technical level, I did not find the film particularly interesting. However, it was certainly informative and provided insights into the history and current situation. Solidarity with all the brave people doing this important work.

2. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Queer China, 'Comrade' China

A great primer on queer life in China, but the editing reminded me of a power point presentation, and the English subtitles were made by someone who clearly doesn't know much about queerness (i.e. using the words "sex change"). None the less, a very interesting introduction for anyone who isn't familiar. Loved the "comrade"/"queer" parallel in the word "tongzhi". Adopting new drag king name Comrade Queer ASAP.

3. John Woodall's rating of the film Queer China, 'Comrade' China

Interesting and compelling film, but I feel like it barely scratched the surface of any of the subject matter. It's largely facts without detail, as if it's missing half of its runtime. Combine that with the Windows-Movie-Maker-esque editing for a result that is unfortunately low in quality. Great concept, poor execution.

4. waanriyooday's rating of the film Queer China, 'Comrade' China

This documentary was a pretty interesting and comprehensive account of history of LGBTQ people in China, both past and present. The documentary is split up into five parts that start from ancient China to contemporary China as of now. It’s average in terms of quality but worth the watch to learn about LGBTQ folks in the world’s populous country.

5. Baraだらの's rating of the film Queer China, 'Comrade' China

This is a edited version that took out about half of the original film. Subtitles were hard to follow. But still very interesting.

6. Myles's rating of the film Queer China, 'Comrade' China

Horrible but interesting.

7. roberta.fernandes's rating of the film Queer China, 'Comrade' China

Very interesting subject but it's hard to follow subtitles + descriptions of books /movies/expressions they talk about. That made really hard for me to follow what they were talking about.