1. msmichel's rating of the film Quest for Fire

Annaud's Cesar winning picture is a take on the evolution of prehistoric man and seems as ambitious now as it did on release in '81. From the scripting of Gerard Brach to the language creation of Anthony Burgess and body movement design of Peter Elliott this ground breaking film is an unique and fascinating film to discover. The actors give themselves over to the director's vision and excel in their primitive roles.

2. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Quest for Fire

Watched it in elementary school.

3. ryan birch's rating of the film Quest for Fire

I was high. This movie wigged me out.

4. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Quest for Fire

A breathtaking & striking journey back in time when man was born and fire was discovered.

5. Adriano Rocha's rating of the film Quest for Fire

Very good. And no need for subtitles. But it's only fiction, of course. Human beings have never really been like that. But I really liked this movie, great photography.

6. redivivus's rating of the film Quest for Fire

its a bit tight rating, but one has to pay respect to our ancestors for preserving values we're now taking for granted. :) + gives unique tribal feeling. poor br transfer, but great cinematography nonetheless.

7. anarresti's rating of the film Quest for Fire

Jean-Jacques Annaud may receive criticism about the rigor of the portrayal of early humans. But he should also receive the credit for pushing the debate forward. We now take for granted the visual representations and narratives of our distant past, thanks to the technology available to TV networks today. But in 1981 this movie was a major breakthrough in opening a window to what our ancestors looked and behaved like.

8. Raenin's rating of the film Quest for Fire

This film is something else. It started with a very ambitious idea and this is the result. Great cinematography and interesting story about the early humans. Absolutely worthwhile watching, it is a unique film experience.

9. dschank's rating of the film Quest for Fire

i watched like a half-hour of this in high school and was totally bewildered by it... not the sort of thing you see on cable in the early nineties. it's as weird as i remember. a weird hybrid of art-house, actioner and national geographic. shockingly matter-of-fact about caveman lifestyles. it must have been an interesting movie to make, considering the body language, etc. alas, no ringo starr though...

10. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Quest for Fire

evolution of sex positions. such boring. I prefer Caveman.

11. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Quest for Fire

12. Mailloux's rating of the film Quest for Fire

Perfect for a double feature with Zardoz.