1. pluviosity's rating of the film Quills

if the movie wasn't about Marquis de Sade, it could probably been good, beside, Geoffrey Rush and Joaquin Phoenix made a quite good opposite on screen.

2. smndvdcl's rating of the film Quills

A film that represents the lasciviousness of Marquis de Sade fairly accurately. A provocative rendition.

3. N!nA's rating of the film Quills

Disgusting and disturbing.

4. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Quills

5. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Quills

Great performances by Rush, Phoenix, and Caine especially. I really enjoyed this film.

6. Tamas88's rating of the film Quills

Great study on morality and the role of the artist in society

7. Laura's rating of the film Quills

What it lacks on substance, it makes up with some good acting.

8. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Quills

9. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Quills

10. Yashoda's rating of the film Quills

Too little too late. Bears no resemblance to history, pretending that de Sade is some kind of free speech advocate, when really he was a disgusting pedophile. But Joaquin Phoenix was AWESOME. As was Kate Winslet.

11. mfg's rating of the film Quills

12. Aqua_Tofana's rating of the film Quills

13. Mon's rating of the film Quills

It's awesome as long as you ignore history, also, who actually would bother reading Justine

14. Cashew's rating of the film Quills

I do not really disagree with the criticisms below...I just love the performances, sets, costumes, and music so much that for me they overwhelm the story's weaknesses. I think it's worth watching.

15. temmuz's rating of the film Quills

Quills's makers awfully simplify De Sade in order to tell a classic modern story in a cliche manner. This film is definitely misleading about the truths of his life. Of course Quills is not a biography but the viewer should know before watching that this is just a made-up story using Sade's life carelessly. (Nice to watch J.Phoenix as a lustful priest though..)

16. Roscoe's rating of the film Quills

So well acted that you almost miss how silly the story is. Strained seriousness from start to finish. Tiresome and over-obvious.