1. Ghostman's rating of the film Quintet

Supremely underrated Altman. A very prophetic film; one whose dystopian visions of natural disaster, climate change, human greed, & the extinction of our species (or all species), are most relevant. If us humans dont get our shit together, we could all be living in Quintet-land! I don't know about you but I don't want to spend my last days playing a silly board game in -50 F waiting to get stabbed! Your move humanity

2. redux's rating of the film Quintet

Snow takes over, and people have nothing better to do than drink "booza" (insert eyeroll) and play a table game version of the Russian roulette. In knitted Renaissance hats. The worst of Altman and Sci-Fi, in one disposable package.

3. mubianer's rating of the film Quintet

Altman took a risk with 3 Women and succeeded. He took another risk with Quintet, and failed.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Quintet

Dans un futur glaciaire, Essex, chasseur de phoques, retourne avec sa femme dans son village natal. Tout y est régi désormais par un jeu sibyllin et meurtrier : le quintet ..... Etonnant ! www.cinefiches.com

5. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Quintet

La trama è eccessivamente criptica, ma sul finale risulta interessante. Personaggi interessanti, con un buon Gassman e con un protagonista carismatico. I significati del Quintet sono molti, simboleggiando la vita in quella realtà. L'intelligenza è utilizzata per seguire la legge del più forte. Regia molto buona anche se non riesce bene a sfruttare la trama. Fotografia e messa in scena molto belle e affascinanti

6. Ethan's rating of the film Quintet

This is by far Altman's strangest and most ambitious film. I just wish I knew what he was on when he came up with this concept that is based off of a board game Altman created. Altman got away with more shit than most ever will again.

7. Jon B's rating of the film Quintet

Zzzz. Is there a more turgid film? And I love Altman,

8. Benjamin Oaks's rating of the film Quintet

What a stellar cast! What a fart of a movie!

9. El Biffo's rating of the film Quintet

Something really went wrong here but if, like me, you are a huge fan of Robert Altman AND Paul Newman, you will have to check it out for yourself....

10. Stevie's rating of the film Quintet

Another haunting, surreal film by Altman, this time tackling the sci-fi genre. Made me want a drink of booza!

11. E's rating of the film Quintet

The coincidences of life, to allow this American production to be released in the same year as the Soviet production of Tarkovsky's Stalker. Both express the same fears in different ways, chief among them being the spiritual death of humankind in a post-apocalyptic setting. Altman was pessimistic with Quintet, whereas Tark was always an optimist. Both films are masterpieces. 'Nuff said.

12. Kurt Öhrström's rating of the film Quintet

Interesting and a very special story but Altman never decided what he wanted to do with it.

13. The Kid's rating of the film Quintet

14. Chris McEwen's rating of the film Quintet

Beautifully art directed, but ultimately incoherent for its own sake. It's a very pretty, very empty movie, made inexplicably by a very talented man.

15. Jason Callen's rating of the film Quintet

Only of those films that are just to damn odd to entirely hate but, no, it's not good at all.

16. Joel's rating of the film Quintet

The main flaw at the heart of this film is that it is based on a board game, that Altman made up, and besides all the rather elegant smoke and mirrors at the heart of this film is quite the hollow. Hell, just put the button on mute and watch away and make up your own plot line.

17. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film Quintet