1. RumbleFish's rating of the film Race

2. msmichel's rating of the film Race

By the numbers bio-pic that misses the opportunity to be anything more than a standard sports film when it could have made more impact as a treatise on the problems of race in America both historically and with allusion to modern day. Casting is nothing special and the inclusion of Riefenstahl throughout seems revisionist history. Not without merit but nothing special.

3. Tigrão's rating of the film Race

Arguably the worst film I have seen this year in terms of storytelling. It was so horribly written I could guess where the dialogue was going to go before hearing it, see what scene or montage would eventually come up. It's a shame because its source material is fascinating: so many rich themes and characters. This is laughably conventional.

4. christos1ngle's rating of the film Race

In Owens' own words: "I wasn't invited up to shake hands with Hitler- but I wasn't invited to the White House to shake hands with the President, either."

5. smndvdcl's rating of the film Race

The conventional arch-plot narrative is entirely appropriate for this biographical film. The story of Jesse Owens in 1936 at the Berlin Olympics is perfect biopic material. The film may be rote, but the conformity of its mainstream continuity allows the story to speak for itself. Citing Marty Glickman, Sam Stoller and Luz Long reveals other forgotten tales of commendable Olympians that defied fascist Nazi rule.

6. Luis's rating of the film Race