1. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

"I was wondering, have you ever thought about public relations?" - "The public's kind of afraid of me."

2. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

An underrated and engrossing drama about a family in meltdown, elevated by its Dogma approach. The characters and situations feel so real it is as if you are watching a documentary, all of them are as frustrating as they are sympathetic. There is obviously a lot of long-term pain causing the hysteria depicted and there are no resolutions - we merely see a snap shot of their story. Hathawy's best performance so far

3. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

There's Neil Young music singed in a key scene and Robyn Hitchcock himself playing at the wedding. For me that's three stars enough... It's a nice flick about family fairs but that trembling camera is now over dated.

4. REBA M's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

"I only did it because I was getting paid and on horse tranquillisers"

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

A solid drama is raised up further by fantastic performances, including a lead turn from Anne Hathaway that ranks up there with her very best. Bill Irwin, Rosemarie DeWitt, and Debra Winger are also impressive, and the low-key direction from Jonathan Demme helps, even if it makes some scenes feel almost too unbearably awkward at times.

6. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

Jonathan Demme transforms a very standard Hollywood plot into a gem of a film; what fascinated me is how he works with hand-held camera to explore each character and situation in more depth. He's interested in observing the actors interacting around a space more than constantly moving the story forward; and that is what makes his storytelling so authentically human. Great performance from Anne Hathaway!

7. NIL1's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

Wooo finally made it to the end..boooooooring and annoying..not a working class film, thats for sure.hehe 2 hours of crying and immature nagging within a wealthy family, spoiled and over sensitive in some upper class multicultural blissland where everyone loves everyone. Seems like some strange commercial for a utopian upper class hippy commune. Middle eastern music, jazz, reggae and Samba..a real hippy nightmare.

8. anacecil's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

Pesada, no logra el objetivo de mostrar la realidad de la drogadicción

9. Joanna Boehnert's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

A captivating, sensitive and challenging portrayal of mental illness, addiction and family dynamics in the wake of tragedy.

10. Superfrog's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

Not sure why I spent time watching this, it felt like an illustration of low signal to noise ratio. Not bad per se, just in and somewhat contrived.

11. smndvdcl's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

Familial dysfunction explored with grace and complexity - the tension of a wedding which reveals the discord at the root of it all.

12. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

13. Violet Rien's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

Full of cliches. Do not watch it if you want to relax.

14. DaisyJ's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

That overlong wedding scene. UGH! Very self indulgent with characters that have no redeeming qualities.

15. A47's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

Shaky shake does not a reality make.

16. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

Kym (Hathaway) is coming home to attend the marriage of her sister Rachel (DeWitt). Within these days of stay, it is all about guilt, repressed liability and unsolved problems within and among all family members. The whole story is very much dominated by the nasty and annoying character of Kym. This, and the very slow development of the story makes the watching inconvenient at times. 3 stars, not more.

17. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

18. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

19. Zach Closs's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

A gorgeously-shot film full of wit, insight and powerful moments buried in needless filler! I wanted to love it, and a part of me does I think... but I mean there's a six-minute sequence where two characters gleefully compete to see who can unload the fucking dishwasher faster. Fine performances regardless, particularly from Hathaway.

20. Matheus Drummond's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

21. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

22. Felix Sandalov's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

23. Umberto Damiano's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

24. Nicholas McHugh's rating of the film Rachel Getting Married

the realistic approach taken by Demme drew me to be feel involved with the family. I felt the hurt, sorrow, depression and happiness portrayed by each character. A great portrayal of a dysfunctional girl and her family's dysfunctional approach to handling her. Would have love to see more character development and maybe less of the wedding.