1. msmichel's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Bob Fass and his impact on New York radio and the counter culture through his long relationship with WBAI is examined in this interesting documentary. The wealth of personalities who appeared on his show over the years delivers a snapshot of a New York past and a legacy/source of inspiration for generations past and future. Fass is a pioneer of free form radio and an inspiration for the myriad of modern media.

2. Nancy Stark's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

That voice! This movie is so artfully and sympathetically done, it even makes you take the yippees seriously. And why not, you might ask? Capture the oral/aural history of the time and place, the movement toward a community that happened around WBAI, the voice that propelled it. Beautifully done.

3. Raul Sanchez's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Loved it. Reminds me about the importance of keeping this medium alive. There is still a place for live independent commercial-free radio in our world. Support your local listener supported stations.

4. muse_x's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Oh, what a neuron as a hero!

5. globalposse@hotmail.com's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Fascinating insight into one aspect of organic methods of social mobilization in the 60's, showing us again that people want the collective experience over the fear riddled idea of difference and isolation.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Indelible images and a frabjous soundtrack tell the story of a shimmering beam in the night. Joy!

7. SueRay's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

The footage of New York was neat-o torpedo!

8. Buddy Love's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

This is what radio should be about.

9. Dave Corun's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Just excellent. I wasn't a child of the 60s but this documentary was very well put together and I really enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks to you, Bob!

10. ArmandS's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Great documentary on a radio personality few of us may know, but who had a profound effect on so many. Equally interesting was showing how the community that became his listeners, even in a city the size of NYC, could come together to do good, positive things. Add to that the fact that Bob Fass actually listened to his listeners, thereby really creating a dynamic between himself and his audience. A rare thing indeed.

11. jamesey's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

A fun documentary about a man who has influenced many people. I'd never heard of Bob Fass, but now I want to be a Yippee

12. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Great homage to a great man who meant so much to me deep in the radio nights of the early and mid-sixties.

13. mpho3's rating of the film Radio Unnameable

Fass pioneered "free-form," uncurated talk radio. He had complete license to do whatever he wanted at WBAI, and he happened to come along during the birth of the '60s counter-culture movement. He broadcast the youth movement, anti-war demonstrations, and gave a lot of musicians their first big audience. The part about the suicide call is mindblowing. Fascinating look at technology, radio, 60s & 70s cultural history.