1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Raging Bull

This was the golden age of DeNiro. He should have won two years in a row for best actor. It became the gold standard for actors modifying their bodies. If you saw 'The Machinist' then you know that actors will go so far to modify their bodies that they actually do damage. It wasn't DeNiro or Christian Bale that did the best job according to real boxers. That award goes to Daniel Day-Lewis, and he's a fucking nutter.

2. Walker's rating of the film Raging Bull

3. AJ's rating of the film Raging Bull

Whenever I see Raging Bull, the 2 elements of film form I mainly focus on are cinematography and editing. The 1st thing you'll notice is that the film is in b&w, giving the movie a feel of the time period it's set in, and reflecting Lamotta's somber, depressing emotions. The editing becomes critical in the fights, like when Jake chooses to take a beating, and it creates a fast, bloody pummeling that conveys his pain.

4. moniquekidman's rating of the film Raging Bull

The editing of the fights is so tight and controlled that it creates a kinesthetic effect, allowing the viewer to feel every punch and suffer every mistake. My frustration with this film applies to much of Scorcese's oeuvre, however, and that is the focus on a "complicated" male lead. LaMotta and his story aren't particularly compelling, and while I get that his antihero sensibilities are the point, who really cares?

5. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Raging Bull

brilliant De Niro. No one should watch Meet the Fockers and then get to know the real movies he decided to play as a great actor. Even though getting old is a real deal, he shouldn't sell himself like that.

6. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Raging Bull

7. Jason's rating of the film Raging Bull

RAGING BULL doesn't appeal to me as much as when I was a boy. When I was a boy I was able to buy into this out-sized carnivalesque freakshow about the intersection of masculinity and stunted adulthood. Back then I could swallow some of this dialogue (and those line-readings (!)) without rolling my eyes. Looking at it after all these years, I see a masterpiece of design, fetid w/ terminal machismo. Deeply ugly.

8. Rita Roque's rating of the film Raging Bull

9. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film Raging Bull

"I never went down. You never got me down, Ray"

10. MistaRichard's rating of the film Raging Bull

A violent and enthralling story, gorgeous cinematography, a masterful use of silence and De Niro's career-defining performance come through to form what is undoubtedly Scorcese's magnum opus.

11. Balthaz21's rating of the film Raging Bull

12. dordairobert's rating of the film Raging Bull

13. ermete polpette's rating of the film Raging Bull

14. SpacePirate's rating of the film Raging Bull

Excellent from beginning to end. How De Niro went from stuff like this to Meet the Parents is a real mind bending question, but oh well. This is probably his best work followed by King of Comedy. Scorsese really pulled the best performances out of him in hindsight. Just a great gripping biopic, channeling the New Wave as well as epic fight flicks of yore, like the Set Up starring Ryan. Essential 80s cinema

15. Warren Mitchell's rating of the film Raging Bull

Based on the real story of former heavyweight boxer Jake LaMotta, Raging Bull is a daring biopic that reaches for technical greatness and steers away from sport movie conventions, delivering a classic knockout.

16. Diogo Monteiro's rating of the film Raging Bull

One of my favorite films of all time! What can I say?

17. Finbar Somers's rating of the film Raging Bull

I don't know... I found it boring and shallow

18. Aaken's rating of the film Raging Bull

One of the best Scorcese/De Niro collaborations. De Niro is absolutely astounding as La Motta. The black and white photography by Michael Chapman is gorgeous. For some reason, I found that Cathy Moriarty who plays La Motta's wife looks very much like Kim Novak... One of my favourites by Scorcese.

19. Shane's rating of the film Raging Bull

Not difficult to see why it's Scorsese's most critical acclaimed movie, with one of the greatest performances put to screen.

20. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Raging Bull

21. James Mackin's rating of the film Raging Bull

DeNiro does a fine job, otherwise, I'd say this is a little overrated.

22. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Raging Bull

23. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film Raging Bull

24. Zoe Ormonde's rating of the film Raging Bull

"You didn't get me down, Ray."