1. Dario Jhangimal's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

The brave heart, a journey through the eyes of the Chinese peasant.

2. Kartik's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

Short and sweet. Even though it's a glimpse into rural Chinese dreams, the themes in their hopes and sufferings are universal. The humanism in the short exchanges gives you a deeper appreciation of the paths we take and the people we meet. (I could especially relate because these thoughts mirror those of millions of rural Indians that I've been meeting on trains my whole life.)

3. Vitor Muzzi Magalhães's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

Its informal and honest interviews with the Chinese peasants shows us what their life is like in an unbiased and deeply emotional way. Surely the most compelling documentary I've ever had the pleasure of watching, would recommend it to anyone!

4. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

Nothing like the enclosure of a long tedious train-ride to bring out the truth out of people! Would have been great to see them upon arrival to their destination... though the open-end is also part of this work's beauty!

5. EdieEmm's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

Intimate and riveting account of some of the many people making up China's growing migrant 'peasant-worker' phenomenon. Visually accomplished, each shot a compelling still in its own right, with notably interesting sound editing. I enjoyed this so much more than her fictional films. Really nicely done.

6. msmichel's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

The universal hope that we all have to better our lives, to be happy, to provide for our elders and our children. An interesting journey of migrant workers heading to another province in that hope.

7. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

Unbelievably immersive and emotional film. Reminds me again of the truth in Ingmar Bergman's claim that the human face is the most cinematic and moving landscape of all.

8. alvaro03's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

Uno ve este documental desde su confortable sillón en el ordenador y piensa en lo terrible que es la vida para tres cuartas partes de la humanidad que tienen la mitad de derechos y confort que un perro en Niza. Te preguntas porque ellos y yo no. Hay momentos muy emotivos, especialmente al final donde la pregunta al joven de 16. "¿Piensas en el futuro? se "contesta" con un silencio que precede a una lagrima..

9. mgaspa's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

10. Carlos Simoes's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

Very emotional! Make us feel as if we were beside those very human peasants.

11. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

The subjects of this documentary is the Chinese peasants. It's like going inside of an island that has been isolated from the rest of the world since the 1800's. Two opposite concerns come up. The first one is their pure feelings which makes them capable of enjoying simple dreams. The second one is their naivety which takes them to slavery work. Oh sorry, it's not slavery. You got paid if you work REAL hard.

12. Matt Bowden's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

This documentary is a moving piece despite operating on quite a basic level, and it's an eye-opening insight into the movement of poor Sichuanese peasants traveling to Xinjiang to pick cotton. Some parallels with the historical movement of thousands of people across the Atlantic for the cotton trade are inescapable. This is the China that doesn't grab the headlines, and for that reason alone it is vital viewing.

13. puntozero's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

The story is amazing. The firts 15 min are very emotional but after is the same rate.

14. Narda's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

reminds me of italian 60s documentarism, pure and true

15. apexa's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

An intriguing take on the lives of the lower class who are institutionally powerless and voiceless by focusing on a transitional part of their life. That sort of liminal state the setting of the railroad and the train take on really I feel is also metaphorical to the lives of many who are hoping for a better life. Many want one not for them but for their children; others, the future is a gamble and is unpredictable.

16. wystona's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

A Beautiful Film. This is every bit as powerful and moving as "The Grapes of Wrath". Stunningly intimate, heartfelt, and sometimes heart-breaking.

17. Donaldo Mitsunori Dagnone's rating of the film Railroad of Hope

Hope is what makes us human... impacting documentary!