1. Adrian Coffee's rating of the film Rain

There are some great shots in this film depicting the effects of rain in 1920's Amsterdam. My only critique is that the music does not seem to fit the mood of the film; it seems suspenseful and tense, whereas the film itself seems reflective and calming.

2. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Rain

A formalist poem of the visual incidence of rain on a city

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Rain

Ballet incéssant de parapluies, avenues humides, gens pressés. Avec de brèves incursions poétiques, sur l'eau ruisselant sur des vitres, des baies, des détails. Le tout, sur un rythme allègre, avec une fluidité bienvenue, comme un hymne à la nature, face aux hommes et leur environnement, en fin de compte bien dépendants de la nature. www. cinefiches.com

4. bagno's rating of the film Rain

5. Kiko, um cronópio's rating of the film Rain

6. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Rain

It's a film about rain (woooow, who wudhav thought?) - maybe I'm a spoiled latecapitalist spectator, but to me it became a bit dull. Realizig the chance, that my amateure cineastism might misjudge the experimental and crazy progressive character of this film, but I, to reapat myself, was bored, even with just 12 minutes.

7. Stefano Pesenti C.'s rating of the film Rain

8. Joel's rating of the film Rain

An elegant wander. The seeds of the contemplative look. It makes you wonder what all those folks are hurrying about for. Its all around you.

9. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Rain

2.5 there were a few things I liked: the music,the crowd of umbrellas, the black and white images of a beautiful western city, the feeling of a chilly, rainy autumn afternoon, aided by a hot coffee and a cigarette,all that...

10. Log Lady's rating of the film Rain

Things you notice when it's raining (provided you actually look around instead of rushing along). Waterdrops on the car window. People with umbrellas looking like mushrooms. Ripples on the surface of puddles. Captures Amsterdam beautifully. Each frame is like a photograph and the rhythm is perfect.

11. Henrique Verkündigung's rating of the film Rain

12. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Rain

Better than city symphonies but Vertov's. The most romantic one of all.

13. nowhere_fast's rating of the film Rain

14. Susie Q's rating of the film Rain

I walk through Amsterdam every day. This film makes me love to city even more

15. All Is Grace's rating of the film Rain

16. adrianmendizabal's rating of the film Rain

One of the most beautiful films i've seen. Quite a heartwarming experience, non-intrusive and romantic, chronicling the falling of rain in the city. Poetic and tender and sweet. Yes very very sweet! :)

17. Rafaela Batista's rating of the film Rain

a classic of gorgeousness and tenderness.

18. Glemaud's rating of the film Rain

See it here: http://www.zappinternet.com/video/PiRmSidHud/Joris-Ivens-Regen-1929