1. RumbleFish's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Spazi deformati e riprese impossibili, esagerazioni con dolcezza di fondo

2. Miguel Plante's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Bonne comédie, bien rafraîchissante, même si elle ne sortira pas assez des sentiers battus. Bon scénario, comme toujours chez les Coen, avec des personnages tout aussi intéressants qu'à leur habitude.

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Excellent combination of faces that could have been taken from a weird comic book strip. Nicolas Cage does one of his finer performances and an ex-boxer is shockingly good as a bounty hunter from hell getting some of the best scenes. To appreciate this film you really need to suspend your belief in order to accept that a female cop marries a multiple offender and idiot and steal a baby out of own selfish reasons.

4. F/K's rating of the film Raising Arizona

This is a literal cartoon come to life. Plus the optimism in this film doesn't feel cheap, it feels very human

5. Shantal Abrego's rating of the film Raising Arizona

La combinación entre la fotografía y lo absurdo, vuelven a la película una historia dinámica. Lo único que no podía asimilar era a Cage, pero al final resulta bien.

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Raising Arizona

7. blkrchs's rating of the film Raising Arizona

8. bardley's rating of the film Raising Arizona

the reading from my wedding was taken from this film.

9. Gints Vansovičs's rating of the film Raising Arizona

10. dordairobert's rating of the film Raising Arizona

11. NUGA's rating of the film Raising Arizona

It's definitely the Coen Brothers, but i can't help but add a "Jr." at the end. It's ambitious i will give them that, and it shows a lot of what came to be their greatest works, but it's rough around the edges to stand against their improved curriculum.

12. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Raising Arizona

3.5 stars. Cage at his most pretty and likable. The film sometimes comes close to feeling sneering, but Cage is committed and generous enough (as in 'Wild at Heart') that proceedings are mostly kept daffy and feel-good, not cruel. 'Raising Arizona' is goofball; throw-away; but it is also as serious as you allow it to be. What other film has you rooting for two child kidnappers?

13. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Hugely inventive but not without flaws. The editing & character motivations are clumsy, while some of the jokes feel sneering & unnecessarily cruel. However the level of ambition is astonishing. Capturing the tone of a Tex Avery cartoon brought to life, the film blurs genre elements with an encyclopedic dexterity; bounding from scenes of screwball comedy to post-apocalyptic nightmare & ending on a vision of heaven.

14. Cheval Tatin's rating of the film Raising Arizona

I had no expectations when I sat down in the movie theater last month to watch that film. It was hilarious, the cast was excellent and the pace was perfect.

15. EdieEmm's rating of the film Raising Arizona

The Coens exemplify that school of thought that advocates mastering the rules before breaking them. Precision filmmakers, w/ an undeniable grasp on formulas/devices/tropes & how to play w/ them. Sometimes it's delightful. Others, e.g. here, feel manipulative; like I'm being tricked into laughing at stuff I don't find funny, via well constructed set-ups. Still, beautifully executed. Even if I do resent the baby jokes.

16. nikolasminas's rating of the film Raising Arizona

17. tri ...'s rating of the film Raising Arizona

What we say in this room, let it stay in this room 3+

18. Eugenia Barr's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Oh Nic Cage forever playing with my feelings. Starring Gohst Rider. Starring that horrible The Wicker Man remake. Breaking my heart in pieces. But then I come back here, and what can I do other than love you? And again, everything is forgiven Nicholas Cage.

19. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Raising Arizona

20. mariatavares's rating of the film Raising Arizona

21. Alp Yenibalcı's rating of the film Raising Arizona

I wouldn't think that Nicolas Cage was suitable for a Coen character but he killed it. John Goodman is always John Goodman. I would match this movie with Big Lebowski in Coen Brothers filmography, similar series of absurd and dreamy events and background.

22. Ramzi's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Delightful film, a real joy to watch. The standard-bearer for all Coen comedies. Nicolas Cage adds so much to the role.

23. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Raising Arizona

24. Trapped In The Cinema's rating of the film Raising Arizona

I've always found the Coen Brothers' comedies not to be as funny as their dark dramas ... is that just me? https://trappedinthecinemablog.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/raising-arizona-1987-%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85/

← Previous 1 3 4 5