1. dordairobert's rating of the film Raising Arizona

2. NUGA's rating of the film Raising Arizona

It's definitely the Coen Brothers, but i can't help but add a "Jr." at the end. It's ambitious i will give them that, and it shows a lot of what came to be their greatest works, but it's rough around the edges to stand against their improved curriculum.

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Raising Arizona

3.5 stars. Cage at his most pretty and likable. The film sometimes comes close to feeling sneering, but Cage is committed and generous enough (as in 'Wild at Heart') that proceedings are mostly kept daffy and feel-good, not cruel. 'Raising Arizona' is goofball; throw-away; but it is also as serious as you allow it to be. What other film has you rooting for two child kidnappers?

4. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Hugely inventive but not without flaws. The editing & character motivations are clumsy, while some of the jokes feel sneering & unnecessarily cruel. However the level of ambition is astonishing. Capturing the tone of a Tex Avery cartoon brought to life, the film blurs genre elements with an encyclopedic dexterity; bounding from scenes of screwball comedy to post-apocalyptic nightmare & ending on a vision of heaven.

5. Tiphaine Tatin de Lattre's rating of the film Raising Arizona

I had no expectations when I sat down in the movie theater last month to watch that film. It was hilarious, the cast was excellent and the pace was perfect.

6. EdieEmm's rating of the film Raising Arizona

The Coens exemplify that school of thought that advocates mastering the rules before breaking them. Precision filmmakers, w/ an undeniable grasp on formulas/devices/tropes & how to play w/ them. Sometimes it's delightful. Others, e.g. here, feel manipulative; like I'm being tricked into laughing at stuff I don't find funny, via well constructed set-ups. Still, beautifully executed. Even if I do resent the baby jokes.

7. nikolasminas's rating of the film Raising Arizona

8. tri ...'s rating of the film Raising Arizona

What we say in this room, let it stay in this room 3+

9. Eugenia Barr's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Oh you, Nic Cage, forever playing with my feelings. Starring Gohst Rider. Starring that horrible The Wicker Man remake. Breaking my heart in pieces. But then I come back here, and what can I do other than love you? And again, everything is forgiven. Everything is forgiven, Nicholas Cage.

10. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Raising Arizona

11. mariatavares's rating of the film Raising Arizona

12. Alp Yenibalcı's rating of the film Raising Arizona

I wouldn't think that Nicolas Cage was suitable for a Coen character but he killed it. John Goodman is always John Goodman. I would match this movie with Big Lebowski in Coen Brothers filmography, similar series of absurd and dreamy events and background.

13. Ramzi's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Delightful film, a real joy to watch. The standard-bearer for all Coen comedies. Nicolas Cage adds so much to the role.

14. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Raising Arizona

15. Trapped In The Cinema's rating of the film Raising Arizona

I've always found the Coen Brothers' comedies not to be as funny as their dark dramas ... is that just me? https://trappedinthecinemablog.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/raising-arizona-1987-%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85/

16. João Portalegre's rating of the film Raising Arizona

I'm not the Coens' biggest fan, and this just helps me realize why that is - they are the perfect american filmmakers, like Spielberg, jumping from genre to genre without any sort of personality. this film jumps from so many styles and has got almost no substance at all and isn't funny. it might be worth it for cage's performance and hunter just being a babe - for any other reason than that, just skip this.

17. consuelo's rating of the film Raising Arizona

A cake-on-the-face comedy.

18. Oussssama's rating of the film Raising Arizona

It's not funny. It's full of gags, but it's not funny

19. DaisyJ's rating of the film Raising Arizona

A couple goes through bizarre lengths to get adopt baby.

20. Ethan's rating of the film Raising Arizona

This is Nicholas Cage at his funniest and just one of many crazy ass hairdos from this strange actor.

21. ammar's rating of the film Raising Arizona

22. Kyra W's rating of the film Raising Arizona

I'm so angry about how much I loved this movie and how attracted to Nicholas Cage I was for 94 minutes. I felt as if I entered some kind of stylized southern gothic alternative universe where Cage is talented. What a horrible, wonderful gift this movie is.

23. mattywuh's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Fun and quirky film offering the best of the Coen brothers' humour, a fantastically cast Nicholas Cage and Holly Hunter and an infectiously cheerful soundtrack. It gets an extra star because I love it.

24. James Mackin's rating of the film Raising Arizona

Nic Cage from the south, Holly Hunter as a cop, and a kidnapped child of five. Salad days.

← Previous 1 3 4