1. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Raising Cain

the whole thing works to annoy the viewer, that's why it works

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Raising Cain

Illustrates Brian dePalma's entire thriller career in one film as the film hits-and-misses just like dePalma's directorial output - this film has a schizophrenic script and visual beauty. It do have one tense finale at a motel but is also filled with false scares, hallucinations, dreams and lacks logic. It also forces you to accept John Lithgow's triple character performance that may feel a little off and "stagey".

3. -Firebird's rating of the film Raising Cain

A decent psychological thriller, but not one of De Palma's best.

4. P D Dawson's rating of the film Raising Cain

While it's fun & entertaining, Raising Cain failed to suck me in the way other De Palma films have. Perhaps purposefully over-playful & silly, the problem for me is the flat and unbelievable characters &, perhaps I missed the point, but Lithgow also overacts the madness. No doubt De Palma wanted this, yet for me, it ruined the movie and there were too many other instances where I felt it was more cliche than clever.

5. Juan Javier's rating of the film Raising Cain

6. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Raising Cain

7. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Raising Cain

Lithgow is perfect for this/these roles. Bordering on camp, with sinister undertones. The film does have a dream like quality, has that happened, is it a nightmare. I really enjoyed it, some brilliant moments of film, drama, and yes, I jumped at a certain moment. Wonderful.

8. travis's rating of the film Raising Cain

9. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Raising Cain

Middling De Palma movie, helped by a fun performance from John Lithgow, but it's a bit flat otherwise, from the supporting cast to the lack of many major set-pieces.

10. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Raising Cain

11. Maribou's rating of the film Raising Cain

The switchback narrative keeps you on your toes in the first half but as usual the film degenerates into preposterous trash by the end. All De Palma's tricks are here: lurid psychodrama, minimal character development, ludicrous dialogue, creepy, voyeuristic camerawork. His least sincere film? That said, the set pieces are dizzyingly good and his obvious delight in making it and messing with us is infectious.

12. petit astronaute's rating of the film Raising Cain

13. SamSalt's rating of the film Raising Cain

Apart from the obvious Hitchcock references do I also detect hints of Peeping Tom and even Douglas Sirk? Not one of his best but his technique is always worth watching.

14. Nicolas Pierce's rating of the film Raising Cain

Even by De Palma's standards this is bizarre and ludicrous, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. It's an odd and compulsive mix of technical ingenuity and knowing silliness. In some moments it feels committed to its hokey premise, but others feel like they could've been ripped straight from a Zucker brothers comedy. Impossible to imagine Hollywood making a film this peculiar today.

15. vanouch31's rating of the film Raising Cain

Film complètement barré avec l'esthétique de l'époque Ça étonne et on en redemande

16. Didonne's rating of the film Raising Cain

Quelques belles inventions cinématographique sauvent ce fatras psychiatrique du marasme. Brian de Palma en fait des tonnes et démultiplie les points de vue, sans égard pour son spectateur. Dommage !

17. Ludovic72's rating of the film Raising Cain

(3,5 / 5) De Palma rend (encore) hommage à Hitchcock, et s'amuse bien à brouiller les repères temporels et les niveaux de récit : réalité, rêve et délire s'entremêlent de manière souvent habile. John Lithgow se débrouille très bien avec son rôle d'homme "multiple", en surjouant parfois à fond (l'un des côtés volontairement drôles du film). Mais à la longue, l'enchaînement des fausses pistes devient un peu mécanique.

18. Eva Bosch's rating of the film Raising Cain

19. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Raising Cain

I was about to write "I'm split about this one" just realizing the perfect irony of that statement. Then, wondering if this half good conceptual engagement is really making up for the half bad experience... I’m forcing me to love this now, yet myself is still violently resisting...

20. Oliver Goddard's rating of the film Raising Cain

21. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Raising Cain

22. mahdis's rating of the film Raising Cain

23. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Raising Cain

Why can’t DePalma resist the urge to make his movies so filled with campiness? Like why??? It’s such a baaaad movie to the point you keep watching cause you can’t believe he can’t notice

24. Balthaz21's rating of the film Raising Cain