1. Balthaz21's rating of the film Raising Cain

2. kartina obskura's rating of the film Raising Cain

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Raising Cain

Après l'échec flagrant du "Bûcher des vanités", Brian De Palma retrouve son genre de prédilection : le thriller. Mais que dire de cette histoire grotesque aux effets faciles ? www.cinefiches.com

4. bencor's rating of the film Raising Cain

Before there was Split...

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Raising Cain

6. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Raising Cain

The theatrical cut is a zany trip into the confused headspace of our villain; while the fan recut in 2016 on the Shout Factory disc is the preferred cut by DePalma, and is much closer to a traditional narrative thriller, by creating a logical progression of the scenes, and feels more serious by starting with the drama first. 1992 is experimental, 2016 is Hitchcockian. Both good in different ways. Recut in comments.

7. Addy K.'s rating of the film Raising Cain

"I'm that fucked-up experiment of yours that just won't go away." Between the ludicrous plot and zany acting (De Palma and Lithgow ply on as much absurdism as possible) is the subversive/schlocky idea that love, death and childhood innocence are prime targets for laughs. Burum's cinematography and De Palma's montage in the final scene are brilliant. Plus, fun dialog! "Hickory, dickory, doc. Cain has picked his lock."

8. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Raising Cain

Prototypical De Palma, for all the right reasons.

9. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Raising Cain

Some stuff just don't make any sense... but you know, that's just classic De Palma. (3.5 / 5)

10. bryanvmh's rating of the film Raising Cain

The police precinct walk-through single take is the most loving tribute to de Palma's career that is in one of his movies: a multiple minute ode to keeping a woman's story on the "right path" through the most extravagant camera movements possible. The movie starts slow but gets better with every plot contrivance and set piece.

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Raising Cain

A crescendo of a movie. Starts out nice and simple, but then, bad things start to happen with more frequency, and shit hits the fan. This is De Palma's most De Palma film.

12. Matt Reddick's rating of the film Raising Cain

http://www.indiewire.com/2012/01/feature-film-with-video-essay-brian-de-palmas-raising-cain-is-re-cut-132482/ totally agree that this edit would make it more compelling.

13. Renton47's rating of the film Raising Cain

'Cain' is unadulterated De Palma, and at times it can be hard to tell if this is a good thing. It's so slippery, so ephemeral, that 90 mins flew by without me connecting the transgressions. I suspect this experience will vary for De Palma fans; I didn't have that issue with the similarly frenetic 'Femme Fatale'. A treat of psychosexual nightmare, I'll need another viewing to unpack this.

14. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Raising Cain

15. film_lies101's rating of the film Raising Cain

Lithgow in a go for broke, hilarious OTT performance. Dude is seriously the precursor to Nic Cage

16. le Gars's rating of the film Raising Cain

17. el.'s rating of the film Raising Cain

1,5/5. I don't remember ever seeing dissociative identity disorder work well on film; it's just ridiculous what fantasy rubbish comes out of it. In addition, this was also a very poorly made film.

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Raising Cain

I've gone to bat for this one many times, and have never convinced anyone-- I think it's a clever and exciting mixture of parody and commitment.

19. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Raising Cain

I have no idea what just happened, and I'm okay with that.

20. A47's rating of the film Raising Cain

Bad in all the good ways.

21. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film Raising Cain

More than any other film you can find all the elements of de Palma's cinema combined. If he pushed further Dress to Kill, deconstructing the personalities until Margo in last incredible shot or the conception of space like in Body Double in the motel scene, you already have in the accident a preparation for Femme Fatale.

22. Janae's rating of the film Raising Cain

John Lithgow. Enough said.

23. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Raising Cain

A derisive combo of dreamy art-house thriller, psycho-killer schlock & post-modern genre deconstruction that frequently walks a line between intentional & unintentional humor while engaging in a veritable cornucopia of De Palma's favourite themes. The result plays like a warped Hitchcockian soap-opera, where audience manipulation becomes an elaborate game. Each subsequent viewing reveals a wealth of hidden pleasures.

24. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Raising Cain

It's a film removed from the world of logical time progression and reality, it exists more in a dreamscape, using Cain's multiple personalities and perspectives as a means to induce the viewer into this state. The montage in the climax scene is one of the most beautifully shot and edited scenes of De Palma's oeuvre.