1. FISCHER's rating of the film Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys!

Superbe comédie américaine mêlant quiproquos sentimentaux (une épouse jalouse d'une voisine) et allègre satire militaire (l'armée s'oppose à la population d'une petite ville au sujet de l'implantation d'une base secrète). Un régal pour tous... www.cinefiches.com

2. William's rating of the film Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys!

I think the farce here should have been kept in the family/marital realm because those elements are the most illuminating and fun. Seen as a cautionary tale they work beautifully. All the military-related shenanigans and youth culture stuff (all from the book, I know) are generally thin and unfunny. The daughter's explanation of how she woke up and suddenly started "going ape" for boys is great though.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys!

Cookie cutter 50s flick made watchable by Newman and McCarey's direction. 3.5 stars

4. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys!

"I know, but I mean... Jesus, it's just ...rough." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/06/episode-62-fall-of-leo-mccarey-1952-1962.html

5. Andrei Rus's rating of the film Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys!

Robin Wood was right, this is one of the greatest american films of the '50s. And I understand why it's so underrated - it dares to be irreverent to way too many of the sacred institutions of the 50s: marriage, the army, and the new rock'n'roll generation. I can't remember another american classic film to end with a scene in which a chimpanzee proves to be cleverer than an army man. Great artist, mister Leo McCarey!