1. ijol's rating of the film Ran

Before Game of Thrones, there was Ran.

2. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Ran

Artículo ("Kane3"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2007/09/30/ran-akira-kurosawa/

3. Thijmen's rating of the film Ran

Beautiful costume drama

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film Ran

5. LuísMarques's rating of the film Ran

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Ran

An iconic narrative re-structured like a piece of music, -- an edifice engaged in a relationship with the images in which each of these dimensions perfectly supports, justifies, and "earns" the particular, precise, exquisite movements and contours of the other.

7. MistaRichard's rating of the film Ran

Outstanding; Kurosawa is a truly peerless director.

8. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Ran

Kinship counts for nothing when you want to achieve power, and evil deeds will always be revenged. With much blood. That’s the essence of Shakespeare, and Kurosawa knows how to bring it on film. The perfect marriage of a strong story and visionary cinematography.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Ran

Malgré certaines longueurs, le film déroule un magnifique esthétisme entre humanisme et parabole qui peut séduire ou lasser... www.cinefiches.com

10. Alex Holland's rating of the film Ran

A true masterpiece. Not only one of Kurosawa's grandest achievements, but an achievement for the history of cinema. Words can't express how much I love Ran.

11. Chris's rating of the film Ran

a complete and total masterpiece in every aspect from acting to narrative to visuals... i love kyoami...

12. Freddie's rating of the film Ran

The color cinematography is amazing.

13. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Ran

I'm surprised the old man made it so long. Throughout most of the the nearly three hour runtime, the one time ruler of large and expansive land in feudal Japan looks on the verge of death. He doesn't die of old age, or in battle, or of illness, unless a broken spirit can be called such a malady. But the breaking of a man's spirit, usually, has nothing to do with sickness, but is an act of violence.

14. belemir's rating of the film Ran

15. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Ran

16. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Ran

Una película que combina lo íntimo y lo épico revelando los aspectos menos amables de la humanidad: traición, codicia, ambición, violencia y muerte. La primera batalla en el tercer castillo constituye una de las secuencias más espectaculares y sobrecogedoras que he visto en mi vida. Igualmente la secuencia final que finaliza con Tsurumaru al borde del precipicio es devastadora. Un film pesimista y desolador.

17. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Ran

When I was 17, I watched this movie and thought it was boring. My only question now is how I can go back in time and kick my own ass. This is truly one of the greatest movies I've seen in my life.

18. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Ran

19. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Ran

Kurosawa's most impacting picture and his very best.

20. Quattro's rating of the film Ran

Much could be written about this immense masterpiece, but the words would never match up with the images. Everything about Ran is grand, gorgeous, powerful. Breathtaking.

21. ceknklsn's rating of the film Ran

22. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Ran

"Everything I set out to accomplish, I achieved."

23. schellenberg's rating of the film Ran

A tragic masterpiece of colour, character and 'chaos'

24. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Ran

Probably, the most spellbinding picture I've ever watched.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7