1. Bob's rating of the film Re-Animator

Recycled "Psycho" theme helps to create paranoid mood appropriate for subject of mad scientists and living corpses. It starts as a horror that relies on small details that can make a dead cat enough scary, but towards the end it leans on splatter fest and comedy. Because of that, it's a fun watch that is not supposed to be taken seriously as its source material aspirated to do; nothing more and nothing less.

2. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Re-Animator

I don't think I've ever seen a more unusual film... With "Re-Animator" Stuart Gordon manages to create a strange and bizarre reimagining of the classic Frankenstein story. This is a fun, weird little horror film that I could watch over and over again!

3. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Re-Animator

Just splatter hilarity and dark comedy perfection. Not to mention Barbara Crampton!

4. Luís F Matos's rating of the film Re-Animator

5. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Re-Animator

Inventive and visual, some of the sequels were better at capturing the potential that is layed out here.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Re-Animator

Décapitation, trépanation, mutilation, éventration en série, l'hémoglobine est reine, et l'humour n'est pas oublié. Du Grand Guignol à outrance, moins le charme des films de Gordon Hessler qui avaient encore plus d'allant et d'efficacité... www.cinefiches.com

7. Velvet Kitsune's rating of the film Re-Animator

8. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Re-Animator

(Generous) 7 - The blatantly plagiarized score is a black mark on what otherwise is a damn good piece of Lovecraftsploitation (I don't care if the term doesn't exist, I like it).

9. Pedderrs's rating of the film Re-Animator

Exploitative B-level horror was dime a dozen throughout the 80s, but Re-Animator manages to elevate itself above the competition with a hilarious script, committed performances and ambitious practical effects that help bring some truly off-beat scenes to life. Stuart Gordan has created a supremely well crafted film here, displaying the kind of technical prowess that should only be attainable for far bigger budgets.

10. Jim Fear's rating of the film Re-Animator

Amusing little flick based on a Lovecraft short story

11. wiwitaek's rating of the film Re-Animator

Made me sleepy. Boring, full of cliches, doesn't make sense. Overrated

12. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Re-Animator

I think I like this even more than The Thing

13. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Re-Animator

The script is an erudite, batty ouroboros of foreshadowing, smut, and innuendo -- it's brilliant. Nigh a thing in this film should be changed. You'll be crying from laughter and puking at the same time, which we know is the goal of all High Art. The unique combination of fluids leaves quite a refreshing taste in your mouth.

14. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Re-Animator

15. HSBilly's rating of the film Re-Animator

this is great. yes, love it.

16. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Re-Animator

2-3. A fun, gory little horror bauble. Probably wouldn't watch it more than once, but fun while it lasted.

17. James Mackin's rating of the film Re-Animator

18. James Roth's rating of the film Re-Animator

3.5. Ridiculous in a good way, a nice simple concept and it doesn't disappoint but doesn't amaze. Pretty much what I expected

19. Arf's rating of the film Re-Animator

20. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Re-Animator

The story is forgettable but the imagery and gore isnt. Funny as hell. Shallow movie that rides off cheap, albeit awesome thrills. Anyone who likes Carpenters work will love this!

21. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Re-Animator

22. Siaudebert's rating of the film Re-Animator

23. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Re-Animator

CLASSIC This film embodies the quality of a near PERFECT science fiction thriller. Funny at times, outrageous, spooky, and somewhat good acting. It has some fuckin great gore too

24. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Re-Animator

It's just so ridiculous that you would want to watch it at least once a year with your friends. I enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed The Thing.