1. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Assignment

2. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Assignment

While no one would mistake "Bullet to the Head" for an action masterpiece, it at least possessed the pulpy proficiency of a competent direct-to-video flick. "The Assignment" is just woefully inept. At times it wants to channel the sweaty melodrama of vintage John Woo, but the entire endeavor is crippled by a screenplay that amounts to a 90-minute infodump and saddles a talented cast with mouthfuls of exposition.

3. Matt Reddick's rating of the film The Assignment

Read the comic before I realized it was a movie.The Doctor is given way more space and Weaver gives a great turn... dumb fun, like Escape From L.A.

4. João Eça's rating of the film The Assignment

5. José Neves's rating of the film The Assignment

Digital. "La fine bouche" dislike it, and in fact, the combination of times is a bit clumsy and certain editing options are corny, but how long ago did a movie not remind the glorious 80s/90s Hong Kong cinema (Woo and Hark mainly)? That courage of daring against good taste and whimsy, sprawling it under an ostentatious iconoclastic energy? Maybe since Woo's "Face/Off". Rodriguez/Weaver/Hill, what an assignment!

6. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Assignment

Girl power! https://medium.com/the-flickering-wall/the-genderbender-catfight-6038c18e95f

7. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Assignment

I don't think I'll ever be able to work out why Michelle Rodriguez is so committed to this fucking mess.

8. brick_bro's rating of the film The Assignment

It took me a full day to make sense of just one scene, and even then I hated it more.

9. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Assignment

10. msmichel's rating of the film The Assignment

A ridiculous film thats' insensitivity and stupidity are manifest throughout. No one escapes unscathed here from cast to filmmakers. Not lurid enough to rate as a 'B' flick or even a grindhouse homage the film is simply an infantile bore. Skip it.

11. rllr's rating of the film The Assignment

Walter Hill is still making B-movies in 2017. This ain't no retro.