1. mmjy's rating of the film Rear Window

2. abunchoffilms's rating of the film Rear Window

Possibly, Hitchcock's most technically perfect film, but feels much more alive than just that. Like most of his oeuvre, his most accessible theme lies in our desires to lift the veil and see what others are into. Voyeurism, yes... but so much more than that.

3. BenNash's rating of the film Rear Window

A nice little appetiser to munch on while you mentally prepare yourself for the OTHER Hitchcock/Stewart collaboration.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Rear Window

I remember how much I enjoyed it the first time I saw it. I saw it in the movie theatre, and I remember trying to crawl out of my seat because of how well the tension was built. Jimmy Stewart plays a bit of a perv. He's peeking into windows with binoculars and a telephoto lens. He has the incredible Grace Kelly, but he'd rather be the voyeur.

5. dordairobert's rating of the film Rear Window

6. fostrethepeoplo's rating of the film Rear Window

Hitchcock the master of mise-en-scène

7. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Rear Window

Really enjoyed this, great suspense and atmosphere, love Grace Kelly in it, amazing!

8. lIZUKA's rating of the film Rear Window

9. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Rear Window

10. Alex Lewis's rating of the film Rear Window

No one wanting to make the connection between the 'snooper as hero' moral, and NSA being founded just two years before release.

11. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Rear Window

A magnificently controlled exercise in tension through immobilisation, spatial distancing and silence. It's a situation that occurs to me in many city hotels with a canvas of assumed stories behind the windows opposite. Add to this a stranded hero and the most delicate beauty you could not wish harm upon and it's a superb example of 'what would I do in that situation?'. If only more commercial cinema were as good.

12. filmingilman's rating of the film Rear Window

Favorite Hitchcock and favorite cinema experience. I was killing time in Brussels waiting to catch a train and saw this in English with French and Flemish titles. A woman took her two young children and watching them react to the film was nearly as enjoyable as the film itself. Great story, pacing, suspense and Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly are great. Voyeurism at its best.

13. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film Rear Window

An absolute masterpiece. I wish I could rate this higher than five stars. An essay on modern life and on cinema itself. By reducing your perspective to Stewart's eyes, the camerawork makes you feel both helpless and complicit in the sort of voyeuristic behavior he indulges in. Just like Jeff and his neighbors' lives, you too can't take your eyes off the screen. The unparalleled Mr. Hitchcock at the top of his game.

14. Doe Deer's rating of the film Rear Window

15. FISCHER's rating of the film Rear Window

Décidément encore un petit bijou du grand maître qui, par toutes les lucarnes, nous ravit et nous enchante durablement ! www.cinefiches.com

16. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Rear Window

Only Hitchcock would make me watch a film with such an asshole of a male protagonist. Thankfully, the divine Grace Kelly stands out and makes me love this big masterpiece. One can not fall in love with it.

17. uenus's rating of the film Rear Window

18. Cinemabust's rating of the film Rear Window

19. redux's rating of the film Rear Window

Welcome to the heteronormative panopticon, the residential version of the Overlook Hotel.

20. MistaRichard's rating of the film Rear Window

I want to grovel at Hitchcock's feet after watching this absolute masterpiece... I don't even know how to express my deepest admiration for the amount of superb filmmaking that went into this.

21. R's rating of the film Rear Window

at least grace kelly was great

22. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Rear Window

Maybe the most purely entertaining of Hitchcock's films. My only quibble: How does scrawny, old James Stewart rate the ravishingly pretty Grace Kelly?

23. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Rear Window

Peeping in windows and jumping to conclusions. This was my favorite Hitchcock film, until I saw 'Vertigo'. It can be (and had been) performed on stage as well, though perhaps with less claustrophobic portent. I saw this in my late teens, when it was re-released, having grown up on 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Mr. Stewart's dark side was/is all the more shocking for that. And then I discovered his other Hitchcock films...

24. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Rear Window