1. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Rear Window

1954, dir. ALFRED HITCHCOCK - 7,7/10 (USA)

2. Marianna Madriz's rating of the film Rear Window

One of Hitchcock's best, in my opinion.

3. Travis James's rating of the film Rear Window

Certainly one of the greatest films ever made and arguably Hitchcocks best

4. unearthly_red's rating of the film Rear Window

What's with the hype? This sucked, idk.

5. anarresti's rating of the film Rear Window

A simple idea elegantly constructed. The tension, the silences, the antecipation, the editing, in this film is a lesson that most thrillers did not learn. Wrtting about this film, I realize why I usually dislike thrillers and their annoying storytelling. Usually they tell us where to be stressed, when to relax in such obvious ways, that it is condescending, and it doesn't work. Here, we're transported into the story.

6. Ghostman's rating of the film Rear Window

One of the very most aesthetically accomplished films ever made. Fun.

7. Paolo del ventoso Est's rating of the film Rear Window

Oh I'd like to have such a lot of time to waste, watching living cinemas as Jeffries did.

8. angelicidea's rating of the film Rear Window

A great ensemble drama from the master of suspense. The male gaze and the surprising bravery and power of women.

9. Paul Relf's rating of the film Rear Window

Another near perfect Hitchcock film.

10. Ruth Gilbert's rating of the film Rear Window

11. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Rear Window

I was hooked from start to finish! So captivating and intelligent! Dark humour at it's best

12. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Rear Window

Hitchcock's most accessible American classic may also still be his most complex. The act of peeping in this neighborhood is like flipping through channels. All these stories reek of banal television but are made memorable by Stewart's remarks (Much like The 39 Steps, Hitchcock's use of comedy elevates the material). How good is this film. It's so good that even the idiots on IMDB love it. It's undeniable greatness.

13. Neide Ramos's rating of the film Rear Window

What better thing to do when you're confined in your NY apartment with a broken leg than to spy on your neighbors 24/7? Jimmy Stewart was great as L.B, always funny and charismatic, even when confined to a wheel-chair. Grace Kelly is as lovely as ever, playing the most charming side-kick you'll ever see, always trying to prove Jeffries that she is willing to do anything for him, biting danger to win his heart.

14. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Rear Window

15. Zachary T.'s rating of the film Rear Window

Forces us to question our gendered assumptions in riveting fashion, particularly for the time. My favorite example: Throughout the film we assume, as Jefferies does, that the curvy "Miss Torso" is leading men on, playing hard to get, playing the field -- we see her flirting but rejecting kisses, dancing seductively -- then, at the end of the film, her soldier husband returns home. She was just trying to be faithful.

16. Tiagojeff's rating of the film Rear Window

17. keremebrulee's rating of the film Rear Window

A true masterpiece of cinema history

18. Barkın Bulutbeyaz's rating of the film Rear Window

Sinemanın basit kurallarını belirleyen Alfred Hitchcock'tan iyi bir gerilim

19. Erdinc Sivritepe's rating of the film Rear Window

20. Zac Weber's rating of the film Rear Window

The larger conversation about cinema and filmmaking is fascinating, especially as Jimmy Stewart's character acts as a voyeur through his window to the world (silver screen), enhanced and singular by way of the camera.

21. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Rear Window

22. MS1915's rating of the film Rear Window

I thought this film was fascinating. The idea that it was all contained in one room, an idea similar to that of "rope" yet with such convincing and responsive allure. Jimmy Stewart is wonderful here, playing a "watchful" eye caught in a scandal of crime and voyeurism.

23. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Rear Window

24. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Rear Window

The cheap looking sets hurt the film, but the sharp dialogue and great characters elevate it. The film succeeds at instilling a claustrophobic dread, as well as the simple pleasures of voyeurism. Oh and Grace Kelly.