1. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Rear Window

Fenêtres sur cour tient de l'essence du cinéma. La subtilité des déplacements de caméra, le jeu des lumières, cette manière de raconter des histoires dans l'histoire depuis des fenêtres qui mettent le cinémascope en abîme, la simplicité des expressions, l'âme des personnages... En deux heures, Hitchcock montre toute la palette de son talent et cela reste éblouissant !

2. Marcus Hart's rating of the film Rear Window

The best production design ever.

3. definedivine's rating of the film Rear Window

Amazing building of the story and tension. But for my taste of mystery movies the killer is revealed (or apparent killer) a bit too soon. But really amazing story building.

4. Joseph Wallace's rating of the film Rear Window

You can watch this film on any TV. Even the ones with decorative frames.

5. John Smith's rating of the film Rear Window

Hitchcock does a hell of a job.

6. Luke's rating of the film Rear Window

Alfred Hitchcock's best film.

7. Branden's rating of the film Rear Window

Another gem from Hitchcock, Jimmy Stewart in the wheelchair looking out in the courtyard of his apartment. Grace Kelly's entrance was perfect. She was luminous. Thelma Ritter steals every scene that she was in with her quips. A barely recognizable Raymond Burr appears in the films. It was a little risque for 1958 with people dealing with suicide, alcoholism, adultery and some quick nudity.

8. Dave's rating of the film Rear Window

The best movie ever made... period.

9. ArmandS's rating of the film Rear Window

Hitchcock in top form with his actors, story, dialogue, humour and suspense.

10. Tobin.'s rating of the film Rear Window

Hitchcock's fascinating trek into voyeurism and surveillance is easily one of his greatest. I consider James Stewart's character to be a milder version of the obsessive detective he would play 4 years later, in Vertigo.

11. Jay a.k.a. 6FOOT's rating of the film Rear Window

A very good film about minding your own business! :P

12. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Rear Window

Everything that is great about a Hitchcock film is here.

13. Mugino's rating of the film Rear Window

Btw, has anyone seen this incredible reconstruction of the film as viewed from a single static camera position? http://vimeo.com/37120554

14. Gabriel Argüello's rating of the film Rear Window

Who gives a damn if there is a little mistake in continuity as long as the movie itself is a "tour de force". The plot is so great and original (at least at that time, but I must say no remake is good as the original) and above all, the suspense is incredible. The other day I started to watch the movie again and even if I had already seen it I was caught by the film

15. jim www's rating of the film Rear Window

One of the few films I have ever seen where there is no mistakes in continuity that I have ever been able to find. All the shots match and the camera is truly invisible in the film. Great film, excellent focus puller. Nice dop in this film.

16. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Rear Window

one of cinema's most intriguing and witty gems, brought for us by the undisputable master of suspense.

17. Jennifer Christensen's rating of the film Rear Window

Rear Window is one of my favorite Hitchcock films and I think it really brought out my inner voyeur (in a completely innocent way!). In a way, I felt like I was a little girl playing with dollhouses throughout its entirety, lending a sense of playfulness which really eased me into the mentality of a peeping tom. Grace Kelly is oozes sensuality, particularly in her first few scenes.

1 5 6 7 9 Next →