1. SpacePirate's rating of the film Rebecca

What a cast! Somehow with all the heavyweights involved, Judith Anderson still manages to steal every scene she is in with her understated yet complete "jealousy incarnate" role. Fontaine is lovely in the lead. One of Hitch's finest films and a nice bridge from his UK work to his later fertile US period. Cant help feeling the amazing source novel helps elevate this, as he had a good product to work with. 5 stars.

2. anxious child's rating of the film Rebecca

3. amariliz's rating of the film Rebecca

4. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film Rebecca

Although I don't think this movie aged too graciously and I dislike the main female character for her lack of personality, it still manages to create a haunting atmosphere.

5. patríciapinho's rating of the film Rebecca

the first instalment of lmatgscu (let's make all the gays suffer cinematic universe)

6. Kamran's rating of the film Rebecca

Crosses the line between his crafty English period and suspenseful American period. Some striking imagery but mostly affecting in its sheer grandeur of story and scope. 84/100 - Great.

7. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Rebecca

Apart from few good scenes I was bored to death. Painfully banal. Interesting to see how times changed since forties though - today her submissiveness looks grotesque.

8. Phooka's rating of the film Rebecca

Has aged badly, feels wooden and stilted. Some good moments and Mrs Danvers is suitably sadistic but overall not particularly captivating.

9. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Rebecca

Overlong. To much melodrama.

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Rebecca

My one complaint is that it's a little too long. Otherwise, this is one of Hitchcock's best movies.

11. Al Sampedro's rating of the film Rebecca

I think it is overrated, Olivier is a misscast for me, and the second act is sooooooo damn long. Joan Fontaine's Character is so dull and bloodless...

12. Dan's rating of the film Rebecca

Hitch creates M O O O OOO D x 1000 in this. And Judith Anderson brings truly terrifying murderous lesbian vibes and I was there for it.

13. gld48's rating of the film Rebecca

Re-watched in mind of Phantom Thread. Hitch's first American masterpiece.

14. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Rebecca

Joan Fontaine. Laurence Olivier. Creepy Judith Anderson. Delicately filmed. Intense Bernard Herrmann music. It's a great gothic thriller romance and a Hollywood studio classic from the Golden Age so I don't want to find anything bad with it and can't find it either if I should try.

15. miles's rating of the film Rebecca

really like this, one of my favourites for laurence.

16. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Rebecca

17. Elena's rating of the film Rebecca

Loved it almost as much as the book

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Rebecca

When the melodrama gets this syrupy, it's hard not to root for the bad guy, who in this case happens to be one of my favorite actors, George Sanders. For me he is the ultimate in louche.

19. Genadijus L.'s rating of the film Rebecca

Alfred Hitchcock makes superb cake of his typical stylish mixture of genre: takes the base layer of simple love story, kind of reffering to standard hollywood melodrama, expands it to dramatic thriller, adds several drops of suspence and mystery, and ends with some didactic and unflinching ending. Everything is led by J. Fontaine's powerful performance, also stunning turns by L. Olivier, G. Sanders and J. Anderson.

20. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Rebecca

Is she Becky with the good hair?

21. bryanvmh's rating of the film Rebecca

What an ending. The score can be a bit much and it was a little too long for me, but the shot where the camera follows the ghost of Rebecca while Laurence Olivier recounts what happens the night she died is one of the most masterful moments I have ever seen.

22. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Rebecca

"Master of suspense", sure, though suspense is something Rebecca could use more of. It more established Hitch as a master of psychodrama & masochistic romance—thus the rapturous metaphor of a timid girl who's given no name competing with a "perfect woman" who has a name but is never seen or heard. Only when the movie tries to cram an entire murder plot into the last act does it become too tidy. Trust the irrational.

23. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Rebecca

I love how intensely creepy it is.

24. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Rebecca

Hitchcock made his mark in Hollywood with Rebecca as it wins best picture. I read the book and saw the film, liked both but there's not much that I can say about either. Don't fully get the hype.