1. Phooka's rating of the film Rebecca

Has aged badly, feels wooden and stilted. Some good moments and Mrs Danvers is suitably sadistic but overall not particularly captivating.

2. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Rebecca

Overlong. To much melodrama.

3. James Mackin's rating of the film Rebecca

My one complaint is that it's a little too long. Otherwise, this is one of Hitchcock's best movies.

4. Al Sampedro's rating of the film Rebecca

I think it is overrated, Olivier is a misscast for me, and the second act is sooooooo damn long. Joan Fontaine's Character is so dull and bloodless...

5. Dan's rating of the film Rebecca

Hitch creates M O O O OOO D x 1000 in this. And Judith Anderson brings truly terrifying murderous lesbian vibes and I was there for it.

6. gld48's rating of the film Rebecca

Re-watched in mind of Phantom Thread. Hitch's first American masterpiece.

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Rebecca

Joan Fontaine. Laurence Olivier. Creepy Judith Anderson. Delicately filmed. Intense Bernard Herrmann music. It's a great gothic thriller romance and a Hollywood studio classic from the Golden Age so I don't want to find anything bad with it and can't find it either if I should try.

8. miles's rating of the film Rebecca

really like this, one of my favourites for laurence.

9. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Rebecca

10. Elena's rating of the film Rebecca

Loved it almost as much as the book

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Rebecca

When the melodrama gets this syrupy, it's hard not to root for the bad guy, who in this case happens to be one of my favorite actors, George Sanders. For me he is the ultimate in louche.

12. Genadijus L.'s rating of the film Rebecca

Alfred Hitchcock makes superb cake of his typical stylish mixture of genre: takes the base layer of simple love story, kind of reffering to standard hollywood melodrama, expands it to dramatic thriller, adds several drops of suspence and mystery, and ends with some didactic and unflinching ending. Everything is led by J. Fontaine's powerful performance, also stunning turns by L. Olivier, G. Sanders and J. Anderson.

13. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Rebecca

Is she Becky with the good hair?

14. bryanvmh's rating of the film Rebecca

What an ending. The score can be a bit much and it was a little too long for me, but the shot where the camera follows the ghost of Rebecca while Laurence Olivier recounts what happens the night she died is one of the most masterful moments I have ever seen.

15. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Rebecca

"Master of suspense", sure, though suspense is something Rebecca could use more of. It more established Hitch as a master of psychodrama & masochistic romance—thus the rapturous metaphor of a timid girl who's given no name competing with a "perfect woman" who has a name but is never seen or heard. Only when the movie tries to cram an entire murder plot into the last act does it become too tidy. Trust the irrational.

16. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Rebecca

I love how intensely creepy it is.

17. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film Rebecca

If Hitchcock directed Gone Girl, she would be Rebecca

18. FISCHER's rating of the film Rebecca

>>> Premier film américain du cinéaste qui obtint l'Oscar du meilleur film de l'année... www.cinefiches.com

19. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Rebecca

20. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Rebecca

21. orangepeelon's rating of the film Rebecca

22. MS1915's rating of the film Rebecca

Fantastic. This film is a testament to Hitchcock's mastery of suspense and uses it to great affect. The performances are astonishing and the atmosphere is dense with backstory. A long film, but well worth it...

23. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Rebecca

I absolutely loved this film- definitely one of Hitchcock's very best!

24. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film Rebecca

Before the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks the closet for Mrs. Danvers

← Previous 1 3 4 5