1. Disa's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

James Dean was so hot omg

2. patríciapinho's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

not quite sure why this is considered a quintessential aquarius movie but ok

3. James Mackin's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

Ray created maybe the best film about the mindset of being a teenager. And James Dean did a great job of showing that. "Who lives?"

4. Lourenço Crespo's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

5. lbunuel's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

As a huge admirer of Nicholas Ray, I find it hard to admit that I dislike most of Rebel Without a Cause. It is too self-conscious - the artifice comes to the surface without leading to a larger articulation of poetics, the "themes" are hammered down incessantly. The result is too stiff, too mediated for my taste.

6. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

Great theater! It never gets old and Dean is magnetic and unpredictable.

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

nvaluable as a time capsule that show two of 1950s most sexy teenage stars: James Dean and Natalie Wood. James Dean is such an force in this film that it could easily be seen as one of the greatest performances of that decade. Ray's direction only strengthen this with great detail. The "chicken run" race is a memorable highlight of the film that has been copied numerous times since.

8. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

I normally have a heavy aversion to American coming-of-age flicks, to its sugar-coated, superficial representation of teenagers and the problems they live, and in that case, James Dean as the shy, persecuted child is pretty ridiculous. But all the cars, leather jackets and young faces of the American way of life count for nothing when death comes around.

9. Ben Nash's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

10. theweirdestport's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

the blueprint of coming-of-age movie, i suppose?

11. DenoResandono's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

This is the first time I watched a movie from actor James Dean. REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE is engaging, amazing, and full of spectacular performances. Especially by the legendary James Dean. His style of acting kinda reminds me of Marlon Brando. There's a certain aura - when I watched his acting. REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE maybe seems a little bit dated. But this movie still succeed to deliver its important moral values...

12. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

13. Ethan's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

This is the movie that made James Dean the icon that he is but this film is more than that. It's also a very deep, human and emotional drama that shows, with a dash of melodrama, how tough it can be to be a teenager and the yearning to be free and do what you want to do with your life. Nicholas Ray was ahead of his time as a filmmaker and a storyteller.

14. Walker's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

15. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

For now at least, I've come to the conclusion that it is not the classic it is made out to be. Its message of rebellion and restlessness, despite its namesake, has an unnecessary nihilistic streak: it is far too mean, uncaring, and mean-spirited. There is a spirit underneath that goes beyond dated dialogue and references, that only appears enlightened in its psychology, while remaining ignorant of its own negativity.

16. FISCHER's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

Considéré par la critique comme un chef-d'oeuvre, il ne serait pas fâcheux de réviser ce jugement dithyrambique en évacuant ou du moins en faisant abstraction du mythe James Dean. On peut objectivement reconnaître que l'acteur est loin de renouveler sa géniale performance d'"A l'est d'Eden" et que le film de Kazan est bien plus percutant, envoûtant que la modeste réalisation de Nicholas Ray... www.cinefiches.com

17. Santiago Roditti's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

Perfect cast, they represent perfectly their roles. That scene where James sees his Father (Jim) with the red apron and the tray, just magnificent.

18. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

19. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

This is where teenage heartthrob begins

20. zohen lux's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

i miss james dean every day. also he and sal mineo 100% had the hots for each other and possibly hooked up in real life, this is a fact, i have my sources (my instinct)

21. Ryan O'Connor (23)'s rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

22. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

23. Diogo Monteiro's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause

What can I say? The best teen movie of all time. James Dean is just brilliant!

24. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Rebel Without a Cause