1. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Red Amnesia

A long and narrow winding path To a misty place faraway I will follow this long narrow path To the battlefield where my love is

2. Jason's rating of the film Red Amnesia

Red Amnesia is not hard to frame as a kind of Chinese variation on Haneke's Caché. History, deceit, privilege, and a very particular kind of cross-generational retribution (here terminating in unimaginative tragedy). There is some sophistication here, and some images that stick. I have to say, though, that lead actress Zhong Lü, aside from playing an unsympathetic character, is outright annoying. Regrettable.

3. hanif's rating of the film Red Amnesia

a profound and haunting meditation on memory and the ever-present past

4. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Red Amnesia

5. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Red Amnesia

It is a deep and subtle character story with historical undertones. I liked the director's balanced way of telling this story.

6. msmichel's rating of the film Red Amnesia

The latest from Wang Xiaoshuai (Beijing Bicycle) tells an interesting tale of an old woman struggling to keep her extended family together while battling some internal demons of her past that may have come back to haunt her. Zhong Lu offers a very strong performance here adding layers to this mysterious tale.

7. captainfez's rating of the film Red Amnesia

8. oaiaferoce's rating of the film Red Amnesia

more thrilling than most thrillers

9. DrFirestone's rating of the film Red Amnesia

Difficult, controversial and complex matter - the Cultural Revolution, modern Chinese history and rapidly transforming society handled in a subtle, poetic and emotional way. Beautiful cinematography and excellent performances.

10. Cependant's rating of the film Red Amnesia

Le retour du passé. La vieillesse sous différents points de vues.

11. Marc of Toronto's rating of the film Red Amnesia

One minute of hostile silence, initiated by a stranger, is all it takes for guilt to consume her. A portrait of a woman heading into her decline unable to shoulder the burden she has made.

12. T-Cruise's rating of the film Red Amnesia

13. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Red Amnesia

Its great to see mainland China opening up and revealing itself in glimpses for us to learn a little about it. I had not seen images of China like that,previously i had only seen kung-fu or John Woo type action films but that's from Hong Kong though. Like the Soviet or Iranian filmmakers because of censorship this film is subtle,lyrical and poetic while reflecting its characters' Mao era past.

14. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Red Amnesia

15. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Red Amnesia

From the vantage point of my upbringing, there is no way for me to fairly judge the politics of the cultural revolution or its legacy. Neither can I render any real verdict on the cost that China's industrial modernization is having on the fabric of its society. But I can say that this is a haunting story that deals with universal themes of redemption and atonement without offering any easy, sentimental resolution.

16. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Red Amnesia

17. amelia zhou's rating of the film Red Amnesia

an incredible film. an ageing widow haunted by the veiled guilt of her actions during china's cultural revolution decades previous now threatening to spill over the surface as the foundations of her life are shattered. the careful cinematography-slow, precise, each movement lingering a tinge too long as to feel slightly uneasy-mirrors meijuans disembodiment and the silent stealthy legacy of chinas upheaval of the 60s

18. Anne so's rating of the film Red Amnesia

Powerful thriller. Bringing up historical tensions in nowadays China. LÜ Zhong is incredible! A must-watch.

19. Mugino's rating of the film Red Amnesia

This is a deeply unnerving thriller and social commentary on the ghosts of the Cultural Revolution and our collective amnesia regarding the past. The Mandarin title "Intruder" is better suited: there are echoes of Haneke's "Caché" where the mere act of being observed triggers guilt, paranoia and dread, dredging up sins long forgotten.

20. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Red Amnesia

2.5 Every shot is several seconds too long so you gain and lose interest in the timeframe of each shot. The story is messy. Too bad because the main actress is great.