1. FISCHER's rating of the film Red Angel

Une oeuvre étonnante, d'un puissant réalisme quant à la description des horreurs de la guerre... www.cinefiches.com

2. Jinsie's rating of the film Red Angel

Taken as a whole: a grotesque display of male power wank fantasy, nauseatingly (but fittingly) fused with Japanese nationalistic whitewashing at its finest. Not a disease unique to Japan, but one which continues to have troubling cultural manifestations... Here in 1966, it's just a joke. If you know anything of the history you will guffaw your way through this. Finale is bushido death cult heroic gibberish.

3. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Red Angel

It's always weird to see Masumura's approach to cinema. You can see the effect of his cinema schools in Italy overflowing here and there, from the soundtrack up to the heavy melodrama. I think there's way better in the same department (war cinema) from other japanese (as well as Italian) directors, although the ending scene is effectively stunning.

4. SahilZafar's rating of the film Red Angel

Brutally honest film by Japaneses master Yasuzo Masumura. This film is an uncompromising haunting pamphlet against the cruelty and horrors of war. With this deeply depressing, dark and pessimistic movie Yasuzo Masumura achieves a memorable masterpiece. Technically convincing, brilliantly performed, realistic and unforgettable. Highly Recommended!

5. ijol's rating of the film Red Angel

this is the best, most different film about war i have ever watched

6. Livor's rating of the film Red Angel

7. Jason's rating of the film Red Angel

My favourite Japanese film, my favourite war movie, and I would be hard-pressed to name anything that makes better use of the CinemaScope frame.