1. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Red Dawn

This movie haunted me as a child. I think I only saw the first five minutes, but maybe multiple times, and I dreamt about it for years... INVASION. Years after these infatuated nightmares, I finally realized what film it was. And I just watched it, 30ish yrs later. What can I say for a country neck deep in shit, except Patrick Swayze, hero, Charlie, LOL, and Jennifer Grey, I've loved you since I was 6 years old.

2. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Red Dawn

This is a classic 80s movie and that is both a good and bad thing... Is this an incredibly well made movie? Nope. Is this a fun movie? YES! I may be blinded by nostalgia, but this is a fun ride. However if I'm being honest with myself not everything in this film has aged well, but I still enjoy it for what it is. Also on a side note it features one of the greatest thespians of all time... Patrick Swayze!

3. James Mackin's rating of the film Red Dawn

Only Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen can defeat communism. Spoiler, they don't. They both die, and so does Harry Dean Stanton.

4. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Red Dawn

There's nobody named Dawn in this. I am so confused.

5. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Red Dawn

Good not great action Flik. Interesting capsule for the general malaise and fear that existed in Cold War america directed towards evil Russia. I loved the concept tho. An 80s classic. Love how the Cuban baddie gets super sentimental towards the end. He relates to these american guirrilas. Wolverines!!!

6. dschank's rating of the film Red Dawn

"red dawn" is weirder than it seems on the surface. in addition to insane nativism and crypto-fascism, it also features a strong affection for subversive insurrection. for a movie as "america fuck yeah" as this, the brat-packers use the tools of "our enemies" almost exclusively. their guerilla warfare calls to mind many "evil-doers," from the vietcong to the taliban. and what's with "ernesto," the sympathetic baddie?

7. Rocketeam's rating of the film Red Dawn

The quarterback guns up and fights communists, it just don't get more 'Merican than this.

8. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Red Dawn

Focusing more on the theme of teamwork and brotherhood rather than the consequences of war and invasion this 80's action flick has decent action scenes but the quiet, suspenseful, and subtle moments of dread are standout. And while each death comes only when the screenplay needs it at least the existential Cuban is a nice touch.

9. Corriel's rating of the film Red Dawn

I consider this film to be a very good example of what the Cold War inspired to Hollywood. On that angle it is quite interesting, also regarding its "guerrilla aspect", otherwise I consider it dull. I figure it must have been quite something when it was released at the time, thus it might be necessary to watch it with that in mind.

10. Dark Knight's rating of the film Red Dawn

11. 4LOM's rating of the film Red Dawn

Ich kann mir gut vorstellen, dass dies damals einer der Lieblingsfilme von US-Präsident Reagan hätte sein können.

12. staglias's rating of the film Red Dawn