1. fred boswell's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

Wish Spike stayed with this troubled preacher dilemma why?b/c he could've explore this characters dark secret with more nuance than bombast than he[spike] is accustom meaning he[spike] had to pull the fuck back! and let these characters ACT with reckless abandoned via he[spike] could've took a more subdue approach,dare i say Ingmar Berman-ish with a little Lars Von trier/Michael Hanake forgood measure, then2whose me?

2. chickenwing's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

No. Just No. Every no ever. This is bad.

3. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

What starts as a sunny, sometimes funny coming of age/adjustment story suddenly spirals into something packing a much stronger punch, making for one of Lee's most searing finales, a stinging indictment of hypocrisy and late justice.

4. João Eça's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

5. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

Spikes most embarrassing and irresponsible film. He disgusted me on this

6. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

A disappointing film from a great director. Review: http://www.alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.pt/2012/09/red-hook-summer-2012.html

7. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

how could he(lee) do this shit?!!!

8. Catherine Krummey's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

9. NEONBEAR's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

I can't wait, hoping for a trailer soon.

10. AlexanderKR's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

It was like watching Lee trying to slap his film awake... really trying to get that old flare goin. And sometimes that old flare really did show. He still has some ingenuity and artistry up his sleeves for sure! And this was a quick, low budget, guerilla-made film (I read), so that should count for something. It may also account for other things. Its a rough and rushed, but enticing glimmer of the auteur working.

11. criminalmovies's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

Peters gives a great performance, but nobody else really measures up. It may work as a portrait of the area, but the characters didn't click for me, especially Flik, whose ipad was as much a character as he was. There were suggestions of character that never appeared, and hints of Spike Lee's talent that never developed. A scandal that appears as if out of nowhere and feels a bit forced kept it from being successful.

12. pieomy's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

Welllllll that escalated quickly............. Anyway, good film, not great. Too much of the church (although obviously I realised afterwards I guess it was necessary). I forgive him because his other material rules so much.

13. Cosi's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

Trailer was cool. Looks like a return to form

14. Mark Garrett's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

Well-meaning but miscalculated. Despite its (many) mistakes, though, there's a sense of maturity that comes through: one that isn't apparent in Lee's earlier work. The whole film feels paradoxical: Lee's slowing down and paying greater attention to feeling and power through tranquility, but doesn't end up paying much attention to editing, artistry, or performances.

15. rOteus's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

Sad, anonymous, grip-less, movie: religion, society, technology all mixed up in the Brooklyn suburbs. When truth come out and pedopriest get beat up by rappers telling him: "who is selling drugs?" I felt something moving in me... the rest is silence. Where is the great SL I remember? Lost in da 'hood...

16. MODERNGRUMBLE's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

the people bemoinaing the writing of Spike Lee on this particular outing perplex me a bit - it's the same as any other film he has written, in it's his style, editing, struture and characterizations. It comes across as genuine, heartfelt and with no easy answers, close to four stars for me.

17. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film Red Hook Summer

Extremely disappointing. Poorly written, edited, acted, and directed. It's almost impossible to believe the director of Do the Right Thing released this.