1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Red Psalm

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Red Psalm

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Red Psalm

Une œuvre hongroise superbe, tournée en vingt six plans, réalisée en une stupéfiante chorégraphie, sous l'égide d'une constante symbolique marxiste, d'une approche difficile, ardue et d'une richesse indéniable... www.cinefiches.com

4. Jason's rating of the film Red Psalm

If we were to say that the basic job of a director is to block out action and determine how to cover it w/ a camera, then it would seem obvious to me that Jancsó is the greatest director of all time. Nowhere else in art cinema are there basic logistics as mindblowing as in Jancsó. This is the first of his color films I have seen. And: wow. Red Psalm may be the best looking color movie subsequent to Red Desert.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Red Psalm

I find his films addictive. They are cinema and dance, and this one has music. The choreography is stunning. Socialism is pretty cool! You get to sing and dance and see naked ladies!

6. Stevie's rating of the film Red Psalm

This is probably Jancso's most beautiful film. The choreography is fantastic, the colours are enticing and the politics are spot on. Virtually plotless but who needs plot when you're watching a potential workers revolution unfold?

7. nein's rating of the film Red Psalm

3,5 but Electra was better.

8. thesecretlivesofcats's rating of the film Red Psalm

Does the term "political musical," only apply to Jancso or is it a genre, maybe including Sergei Parajanov as well... Also, am I alone in thinking that with Deer Hunter and Heaven's Gate, Michael Cimino wanted to be the American Jancso?

9. Joks's rating of the film Red Psalm

Quite good but too on the nose for my liking. I preferred 'The Confrontation'.

10. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Red Psalm

I do say, Miklos, this is the most mesmeric agrarian socialist happening I've been to in many a year.

11. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Red Psalm

Grottesco. Cioè ha una scena visivamente bellissima e anche il resto esteticamente non è male eh, ma porca la paletta zozza 'mpestata credo di non aver mai visto una cosa così didascalica. E non venitemi a dire "FUCKING CONSCIOUS, FUCKING POLITICAL" che negli stessi anni ce stavano Petri, Watkins, etcetc. 'tacci vostra.

12. doublelife91's rating of the film Red Psalm

13. Scott Barley's rating of the film Red Psalm

Some great sequences, but I think I was asking too much with my first Jancsó film, after being so deeply enamoured with Béla Tarr and György Fehér's work.

14. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Red Psalm

27 piani sequenza seguiti dal fluttuante movimento della cinepresa tra le campagne ungheresi. Elegante danza di rivoluzione!

15. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Red Psalm

Criticising this film for its lack of plot and naturalism is like criticising a monet painting for its lack of sharp images and story.

16. Jon K's rating of the film Red Psalm

A beautiful film visually and aurally. Technically speaking, this is a film making master class. However, the plot doesn't really progress throughout and it gets a little repetitive after a while. It would have been nice if it had gone into some other aspects of revolution/rebellion rather than replaying the 'proletariats surrounded by oppressors' scenario over and over.

17. lauli's rating of the film Red Psalm

Great film! Loved the use of music. It reminded me a bit of Russian Ark, though I still need to think of why.