1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

6.6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2KN

2. ANGSTZUSTAND's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

3. kartina obskura's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

4. cacophagy's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

i've read the first three books and this is based on the third. I'm really disappointed, so disappointed that i only lasted an hour watching this.

5. Grasshopper's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

Slow grinding pace makes this hard to watch. Follows the general rule that the middle film of any trilogy is usually a dud. (GF notwithstanding)

6. hastapura's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

A disorienting six-year jump from the last film leaves you trying to remember which British dude is which. Strangely this only adds to the claustrophobic, doom-ridden atmosphere, like a glass trapping Considine's Hunter, suffocating him over ninety agonizing minutes. The ending is just pitch-dark.

7. Mugino's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

A marathon viewing of the trilogy leaves one with an oppressive feeling of bricks on your chest, trapped in darkness... which doesn't sound inviting but it is an engrossing journey. The first and third by themselves are a little weak, but this strong second act elevates the whole; it is the series' moral compass, although there are other reluctant heroes along the way. Considine as Hunter is a revelation.

8. Tigrão's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

Less impressive as the first one was, this one still benefits from a strong direction and a dark atmosphere.

9. Xose Manoel Ramos's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

10. pivic's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

This was a fair follow-up to the first part of a thriller trilogy, all tied-up by a serial killer and police corruption. Again, the photography is pretty, showing Yorkshire moors and rain. At its best it was pretty exciting.

11. Noiresque's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

Easily the best film in the trio. Best leading character (Paddy is a genius), best blond woman (am gobsmacked that Rebecca Hall got a BAFTA) and most sensible direction.

12. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

My favorite of the trilogy, I like the main character much more than the other two and the ending really packs a punch.

13. Sue Denim's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

The films have to be watched back to back to back. I'm a huge fan.

14. Bryan Corser's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

Perhaps a slightly more consistently well made film than 1974, but without the heights of that film or Garfield's award-worthy performance. I did however quite like the way they wrapped the film up and the ending was legitimately surprising. I'm interested to see how 1983 ends of the trilogy.

15. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

Second entry in the trilogy expands on the first film in clever and surprising ways, while managing to plumb similar depths without just being a repeat. Excellent performances all around, and incredibly stylish, though never at the expense of the story finely-crafted by screenwriter Tony Grisoni. Excellent score by Dickon Hinchliffe.

16. MR. Universe's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

It's pretty basic until the last 30 minutes then it packs a punch

17. mercurial's rating of the film Red Riding: 1980

Must be seen in chronological order, back to back to back.