1. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Red Road

Dark film which questions the nature and possibility of redemption.

2. tyb's rating of the film Red Road

A brilliant movie tackling themes of grief and revenge in a novel way. Kate Dickie gives what might be the best performance of her career as the grief-stricken widow, and the close and personal camera works very well to bring us close to and empathize with her.

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Red Road

The feature debut from writer-director Andrea Arnold (with help in the characterisation department from Lone Scherfig) remains, IMO, her best work so far. Kate Dickie gives a powerful lead performance, ably supported by Tony Curran and Martin Compston, among others, in this tale of CCTV, grief, and vengeance.

4. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Red Road

At its suspenseful, unsettling, and voyeuristic core, Red Road is about the boundaries that separate us from others, simultaneously giving us power over them while making us fear them. The movie is at its best when staging this dialectics of intimacy/invasion and distance, staging the thrill, desire, and ultimately the necessity of breaking past the boundaries we've grown accustomed to.

5. Levi Miah's rating of the film Red Road

Andread Arnold's debut is a voyeuristic brink-of-dystopian Orwellian nightmare about some of the worst misuses of state power but also the best aspects of human nature. Distant, stuttered observations are useful at painting stories but can lack context and details that might be vital to understanding the whole picture. Jackie picks away the outer surface with physical, intimate interaction before her final judgement.

6. Anita G's rating of the film Red Road

Empty through unresolved grief on the inside and looking at others' lives from the outside. Beautifully lit.But Arnold is a mistress of creative tension which I feel resolves a little too neatly.Grief that deep demands introspection&understanding-one simply does not have the energy for retribution that xtreme in the blurred edges of moral societal dysfunction.The study is too shallow,the stars are for the photography

7. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film Red Road

Wow! At first I thought it was Von Trier directing In The Cut in a Taggart style..but then it became something else, something cathartic and healing. The sex scene was something else, I felt about twelve different emotions all at the same time (approx the same as our heroine would, I wager)

8. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Red Road

Mais j'aurais aimé l'aimer plus. Il manque les boutes où on voit juste l'ensemble et non a faire avancer l'intrigue.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Red Road

Sur le thème de la vengeance et du pardon, une oeuvre solide, perturbée et perturbante, incarnée par des acteurs époustouflants de présence. Les vrais "monstres" ne sont pas toujours ceux qu'on pense... www.cinefiches.com

10. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Red Road

11. harnake36@gmail.com's rating of the film Red Road

12. Viramati's rating of the film Red Road

Intersting and excellent film. well worth a watch

13. Marina Notaraki's rating of the film Red Road

I love the way Andrea Arnold uses the landscape/city as a character. Kate Dickie is absolutely amazing. A fab film.

14. SiIencio's rating of the film Red Road

Intriguing urban landscapes, savvy economy lighting, oppressive atmosphere verging on thriller, sober & somber performances conveying deep obsession rooted in sadness. But despite all the good omens, Red Road is full of direction desperately looking for an end, and that is when Arnold sinks, unable to reach satisfying closure but an arguably anticlimatic end, one that should have exploited the boundries of morality.

15. blyniukas's rating of the film Red Road

To those who incredulously arch their eyebrows and keep asking me why on earth I can't stand Glasgow - well this is it. To the tiniest detail, this film shows its essence. The film's so honest, so straightforward and realistic - can't help but love it. Nothing is retouched, nothing covered up by empty pompous, pink slogans. Andrea Arnold is a genius. She finds humanness in the most desolate of places..

16. INZER's rating of the film Red Road

17. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Red Road

Arnold's debut has an intriguing and fascinating set up.

18. Joaquín Font's rating of the film Red Road

Una devastadora pieza acerca del amor y el perdón, acerca del ser capaz de perdonarse a sí mismo y ejercitar el duelo contra la historia esencial del dolor.

19. Jenny's rating of the film Red Road

Una tensión justa para la trama trágica. Excelente

20. ammar's rating of the film Red Road

21. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Red Road

Confrontation helps one to get over traumatic incidents. It is a movie about confrontation and its healing effect. I liked how the screeplay writer and director have builded up tension until the last minute. I liked the acting as well.

22. Naciye Şeyma Kaya's rating of the film Red Road

death, fairness, underground criminal world... the film is ask about such this question.

23. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Red Road

24. Alberto Funkledink's rating of the film Red Road

It's like they thought, how can we make Glasgae look really fucking depressing and create a film which makes people really miserable? Really, fuckin' miserable. And don't worry, there's nae redemption. They tried tae put a bit in at the end but it's just contrived. I didn't know whether to be more sad about the utter drudgery of her job in a long-dead city or the multiple tragedies. Anyway, I'm now very, very sad.

← Previous 1 3 4 5