1. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Red State

Red State really rubbed me the wrong way upon first viewing, but it was so interesting that I actually sat down and watch it again on that same night. Now, after several viewings, Red State is probably my favorite Kevin Smith effort for most of the reasons people hate it. And Michael Parks is Oscar-worthy in his chilling performance.

2. Fabiha's rating of the film Red State

"People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe."

3. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Red State

Perfectly watchable exploitation film. There are however some crude tonal shifts which male the film feel disjointed. That's Kevin Smith for you.

4. James Mackin's rating of the film Red State

This film doesn't know what it wants to be, but it was best as a horror film, which is quite surprising for Kevin Smith.

5. antibody's rating of the film Red State

really good until the last 10 minutes

6. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Red State

2011, dir. KEVIN SMITH - 6,7/10 (USA)

7. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Red State

An OK effort from Smith. I was intrigued by the fact that he would make this movie but in the end I can only state that he is not a filmmaker who can muster up the suspense and grit that is necessary to make a script like this work.

8. Luis Q's rating of the film Red State

Es buena la historia y el tema, pero me quede esperando mas en la imagen. Aparte, todo sucede demasiado rápido.

9. Siavash Aliparast's rating of the film Red State

I never liked any of Kevin Smith's previous movies, but I really really loved every single second of this movie...is that weird?

10. Heikan's rating of the film Red State

A friend of mine told me that he would have wanted to see the pastor and his family suffer for all of the atrocities they comitted. Probably a younger Kevin Smith would have shown us that. No more Star Wars references, relationship issues, dick jokes, and so on; Silent Bob is dead and, although he will be missed, Kevin Smith as an auteur, hopefully, is just getting started.

11. Barboza's rating of the film Red State

I like that this was a passion project for Smith. I like that he got the money from fans and friends, however, I simply don't like horror films. Not to say that this is a horror film, it's just got horror elements, and those were the parts that I got bored and tuned out. This is an important film for Smith though. His technique has improved a great deal.

12. msmichel's rating of the film Red State

An immature take on the christian right in America and the mishandling of Waco and other assorted crazy sects. Smith is just not up for the task and shows a lack of inspiration and talent in this dud of a picture. Only Michael Parks comes out of this one unscathed. The film lacks even one likable character or person to emphathize with and is just an orgy of violence and ridiculous dialoque. Retirement. Good idea.

13. gaffordKINO's rating of the film Red State

My most anticipated film of 2011.

14. samanthawalden's rating of the film Red State

15. Ssssssss's rating of the film Red State

16. Grasshopper's rating of the film Red State

17. Marcio Teixeira De Mello's rating of the film Red State

Bem legal. Tenso e engraçado como o tema.

18. the movie wave's rating of the film Red State

Here is a podcast episode dedicated to this film: http://themoviewave.podbean.com/2011/10/16/episode-12-red-state/

19. dethgrul's rating of the film Red State

oh, kevin smith. well done. i appreciate every scene john goodman is in, and kevin pollak. theyre chemistry together is great. *especially* the scene after john goodman tells the bad guys to come out, and they just kind of sit there for about 30-40 seconds in silence, awaiting their surrender. freaking hilarious. hrm. i think im gonna go watch that right now.

20. Richard Vizor's rating of the film Red State

Just cannot wait for this movie to hit the big screen

21. orangey's rating of the film Red State

the perfect companion piece to Lake of fire

22. Junda Mane's rating of the film Red State

Not bad, but nothing mandatory or worth revisiting. Great cast though.

23. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Red State

Un buon lavoro di Kevin Smith: riesce a unire le grottesche e surreali situazioni stile-Coen(non casuale la presenza di Goodman) con le ambientazioni e le tematiche care a Rob Zombie.Parte molto bene,registicamente regge(un pò schizofrenico a volte),ma poi vira troppo verso l'action,con un finale che poteva essere chiaramente perfezionato(lo spiegone"sbirresco è un pò pesante).Lodevole,ma migliorabile.3*

24. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film Red State

I was mostly on board until the ending where the government officials spewed ham-fisted dialogue for what felt like an eternity.

← Previous 1 3 4