1. Korial's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Moretti's oeuvre is a vivid, heartfelt, picture of the Italian society and political stage in the '80s, and a personal account of the end of Italian Communism. The disillusionment and the shattered hopes of a powerful youth; the confusion and the mumbling about what went wrong... AND it is also a source of some of the best memes of the Italian cinema. What else do you need?

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

3. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

5. Bruno's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Siamo diversi, ma uguali agli altri. Moretti é afinal egotista, e aborrecido, eu havia gostado o bastante do Caro Diario, mas também cansa, aqui pouco lhe importa senão seus próprios gracejos, é um mundo à parte, a única pessoa dos filmes de Moretti é ele mesmo, ele troçou já desta frase também (ontem estava vendo o Sogni D'Oro aqui), ora isso é lá com ele

6. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

beautiful display of a inner conflict: the inability to prevail of the Italian Communist Party overlaps Moretti's being a water polo player so well. The soundtrack is awesome: got to love Piovani+I'm on fire

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Un scénario de départ hautement potentialisé (l'amnésie) un lieu puissamment symbolique (la piscine) pour une histoire jubilatoire, dévastatrice et détonante... www.cinefiches.com

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Very dated. Hare-brained ideas about the Italian communist party don't really interest me. A disappointment. Already forgotten.

9. Nachtreich's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

10. emanuela's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

cult per qualche frase. il resto è un pò meh.

11. Miguel Antunes's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Moretti is even cuter when talking against capitalism

12. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Smart and entertaining political commentary.

13. João Rebelo's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

"Al centro c' é l' acqua alta!"

14. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

15. João Vuvu's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Os diálogos/monólogos dentro d'água

16. sónia fialho's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

"Um conceito, assim que escrito, transforma-se logo numa mentira."

17. nein's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

One of my favourites among Moretti's films. Original, fascinating, smart and funny. And painfully true. Also, I really like Moretti's attempts to a political cinema and this one is really true, even though focused on a specific Italian stage.

18. Eingya's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Although I don't enjoy Moretti's early stuff as much as his later works there is surely a lot of good stuff even in those first releases. Especially in how surreal, personal and heartfelt they are.

19. roujin's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

What I find most impressive about Moretti's film is how his plain, simple style lends the film an openness of possibility: flashbacks can pop up announced, the more surreal bits can mingle with the political commentary, anything can happen. It reminds me a little bit of the fleetness of late Buñuel (but I'm probably talking out of my ass).

20. Cruth A Bháis's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

Noi siamo diversi, ma siamo uguali agli altri.

21. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

"Words are important. Words are important".

22. chanandre's rating of the film Red Wood Pigeon

[Cinémathèque PT #557: 35 mm] (2007)Not many directors manage to make a very serious film within a comedy (or vice-versa). Stereotypical phrases+ anglicisms were unbearable-> 'Anche se il mio ambiente è molto cheap.'/"Il suo ambiente è molto?"/'È molto cheap.'/"[le dà uno schiaffo]: Ma come parla?"/'Senta ma lei è fuori di testa!'/"E due. [le dà un altro schiaffo] Come parla? Come parla? Le parole sono importanti."<3