1. ammar's rating of the film Reds

2. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Reds

3. Ghostman's rating of the film Reds

An amazing political drama about communism and the Russian Revolution made by Warren Beatty. My respect for the man has gone considerably up after watching this film! What balls it must have taken to pull this off, let alone think about doing it in the first place! I think John Reed, if he were alive to see the film, would find it to be, say, quite proletarian. A great Hollywood epic and an honorable and heroic film

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Reds

Love is best when it's long and red.

5. anacecil's rating of the film Reds

Muy interesante historia de los intelectuales de USA en Rusia en la época de la revolución: No eran de Rusia y no cabían en USA

6. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Reds

First hour of this film is kinda not mostly needed. It feels like Beatty felt like needed a way to soften up this story of socialism palatable for the American liberal public. So he leans on the love story. Nicholson is odd as Oniel but Stapleton is spot on as the unsung legend Emma Goldman (though the lack of her anarchist framing was troubling), frankly I wish the film was about her, SHE understood.

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Reds

8.3/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2f1

8. Vinod Narayan's rating of the film Reds

Reds is a 1981 Warren Beatty, Diane Keaton classic that is based on the life and Career of the Journalist Jack Reed who covered the Russian Revolution first hand in his book “Ten Days that shook the world” basing in Russia... The movie also stars jack Nicholson as the nobel laureate playwright Eugene O’ Neill.... If you love movies based on real life this is one that you don’t want to miss....

9. ihor's rating of the film Reds

Perhaps I'm just too much of a history buff, but I think this is one of the greatest epics in cinema. The rise and fall of the American Left, the Bolshevik revolution and a romance are all woven together. Interviews from those actually alive in the era are interlaced with fictional scenes that complement the narrative. The power, and also limitations, of grand ideas are eloquently explored.

10. LoverofLeCinema's rating of the film Reds

I made it up to the intermission then told myself, "stop pretending you care,"

11. Kespo's rating of the film Reds

Epic for the sake of being epic

12. joey Noodles's rating of the film Reds

A hesitant 3 star, bordering on 2 star

13. micah van hove's rating of the film Reds

You don't rewrite what I write!

14. doublelife91's rating of the film Reds

A much more believable love story than Titanic.

15. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Reds

It's not a bad movie although it doesn't take a grip on you from the start... I feel that Beatty somehow didn't stand up to it and his directing efforts let very interesting story slide off a bit. One of the last American auteur's films, which ended a decade under infulence...

16. Cruth A Bháis's rating of the film Reds

Lungo, lunghissimo, ed anche interessante, non lo nego. Ma Warren Beatty lo odio discretamente.

17. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Reds

Beatty's best outing as a director though not his best performance (Keaton and Nicholson steal the film). I can't believe this was made in the Reagan 80s. The use of the interviews with the "witnesses" was very well done (nice to see Henry Miller in there too).

18. João Eça's rating of the film Reds

19. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Reds

Possibly the biggest reversal in my moviegoing life, but that's what happens when you see a 3 hour film on the Russian Revolution when you are 12 and get bored silly. When you revisit it 25 years later, you realize what a masterpiece it truly is. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2007/01/re-fighting-cold-war.html

20. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Reds

Some great scenes and some good performances but it mostly felt like a bad history lesson. Way too long for its own good.

21. Alice Tynan's rating of the film Reds

My inner history geek absolutely adored this film.

22. Mayukh Sen's rating of the film Reds

whether or not this film has flaws – and it does have many, but they're easy to overlook – one has to, at the very least, admire a mainstream hollywood director for making a film as stylistically subversive (the way it's constructed, with the interviews and all, is so fascinating), about fucking communism nonetheless, as this during the cold war. i will always treasure this great, great film.