1. Adam Cross's rating of the film Reel Injun

I would've liked a much more in-depth documentary. It seems a little rushed which is a shame but for a casual audience I suppose this is just about right.

2. Hugo Resendiz Saldivar's rating of the film Reel Injun

Un gran documental para conocer un más de la situación que viven los nativos americanos y como Hollywood con su género más prolífico, el Western, los encasillo en una imagen. Esta contado como un roadmovie desde una zona cercana a Alaska, por el mismo documentalista, un nativo Cree. Pasando por las zonas más emblemáticas, entrevistando activistas y personalidades que se han desarrollado en una ambiente hostil.

3. mpho3's rating of the film Reel Injun

"Growing up on the reservation, the only show in town was movie night in the church basement. Raised on cowboys and Indians, we cheered for the cowboys, never realizing we were the Indians." - Neil Diamond (Cree filmmaker, not the singer) An enlightening piece of personal and cultural work that by turns surprises, shames, disheartens, informs, and delights.

4. dave gunn's rating of the film Reel Injun

Very interesting, concise, and important documentary about Hollywood's instrumentality in creating modern indigenous people stereotypes here in America.

5. Caitlin's rating of the film Reel Injun

Fascinating look at film depictions of Native Americans. For me, the most important part was at the end where we see how indigenous peoples across the world are reclaiming the camera and creating authentic, revolutionary films about their lives.

6. SALESK's rating of the film Reel Injun

doesn't go far enough, but it's a good jumping off point for the uninitiated

7. butterflycaught's rating of the film Reel Injun

8. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Reel Injun

It explores an aspect of film history that is often ignored. Natives are vilified, ignored, and even played in red face. And somehow this is considered less egregious than black face. No one, for one second, realizes that John Wayne shooting 'savages' NEEDS to be rationalized to not seem like the genocide it is. Also, that film clip of Bugs Bunny... oh my.

9. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Reel Injun

I wish it was longer and more in depth but otherwise, very interesting, funny, and insightful.