1. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Regeneration

One of the first full-lenght gangster films with real NY gangsters. Not to be missed.

2. Log Lady's rating of the film Regeneration

I was surprised how much I ended up liking this, considering how linear and pedestrian the story and direction seemed at first. The incredibly charismatic and natural Rockliffe Fellowes along with the beautiful and likewise natural Nilsson of course helped, but I think the on location shooting and real East Side dwellers create a very genuine world without being sappy.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Regeneration

Un étonnant mélodrame social, sans confortable happy end, se terminant par la mort violente de l'héroïne, dont on retiendra surtout la solide interprétation de Rockliffe Fellowes, qui rappelle étrangement la silhouette emblématique de Terry Malloy, alias Marlon Brando, dans le film d'Elia Kazan "Sur les quais"... www.cinefiches.com

4. Lost in Disconnection's rating of the film Regeneration

A classic story of redemption. Quite linear but still well directed, with nice piano background and great acting. Overall enjoyable, more than other movies of its time. Delicate.

5. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Regeneration

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Regeneration

Superb production value in this Raoul Walsh silent film about loss and redemption, set in the tenements of fin-de-siecle America. 2015 restoration with a nifty jazz soundtrack.

7. averpues's rating of the film Regeneration

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Regeneration

9. Leco's rating of the film Regeneration

Hard to judge without considering that this one came one century before us. With that in mind, it's kinda interesting to watch a redemption storyline being told so long ago. I've read that "Regeneration" was the first movie using the shot/countershot filming and that sort of curiosity was what brought me here in the first place.

10. Morgan Sidky's rating of the film Regeneration

Pretty confused overall, but the ending is very good.

11. msmichel's rating of the film Regeneration

Early cinema melodrama from Walsh with an early examination of gangs in New York and a young society woman's efforts to redeem the leader of the pack so to say. Nothing overly memorable but a pretty solid curio overall. Walsh of course would go on to make some of the most memorable gangster films in the thirties and forties. Chalk it up as training ground.

12. ZYNAB's rating of the film Regeneration

the dude who played owen looks like marlon brando

13. Kelly Ricardo's rating of the film Regeneration

Starring Edna Purviance, Marlon Brando, and Harold Lloyd!

14. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Regeneration