1. Eugénie's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

slightly disturbing and yet so stunning, imaginative, beautiful and poetic. the music is also amazing. I feel like I just did a great discovery by meeting the brothers Quay.

2. Rubis's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

jamais déçu par leur travail. juste un mots pour ces mouvement de camera en croix, très intéressant, très bien utilisés.

3. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

4. Pierre.F's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Visuellement, c'est génial. Enorme travail sur les lignes et les mouvements.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Inspiré du dessin "Le verrou" de Fragonard, pourtant, rien d'exceptionnel ! www.cinefiches.com

6. OGH's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Un court bien inférieur à la rue des crocodiles... Une musique meilleure que le film... Papillonnements de l'image pour des mouvements désordonnés... Un intérieur noir pour un extérieur blanc, un code barre, une boule blanche, un personnage grattant la bosse de sa tête...

7. Ludovic72's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Les experts de l'animation surréaliste morbide ont les moyens de vous hypnotiser. Leur recette (tirée par LE cheveu) : créer un monde parallèle où tout se met à vivre, insister sur les petits détails avec maniaquerie, effectuer des mouvements de caméra étranges et répétitifs, montrer des relations de cause à effet entièrement oniriques et symboliques, ajouter une musique bizarre qui renforce l'atmosphère. Miam...

8. Eric Adkins's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Oh... The bar code quivers whenever the anatomy stimulates my hair follicle... I've known this beautiful B&W film of pure kinetic originality and it's Super Baltar focus shifting my eyes since the year I left film school. The clarity of something so abstract is amazing. It inspires for sure, it requires an open mind. They had me on Street of Crocodiles, but this is so different from the same minds, Genius... My god.

9. ronny's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

eerie, arresting, and lovely vision... set to even better music. a fantastic introduction the Brothers Quay! (and, for me, some understanding whence Tool got inspiration for their music videos.)

10. Will Thede's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

My first foray in the world of the Brothers Quay. There is something incredibly hypnotic about the axial camera movements and intense depth of field. Something to be re-watched.

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

A little sexual, a lot anti-establishment. It's a great piece with a fantastic score.

12. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Time inexorably marches on.

13. HypnoticVisionaire's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

A brilliant look into the minds of The Brothers Quay. Poetic, thought provoking & experience driven. Very few people can make a film like this work. Although this isn't my favorite film by the duo, it is their most iconic.

14. Brian Gutierrez's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

I find it difficult to put into words the films of the Quay brothers. But the staging of the lateral tracking shot was magnificent. I always forget it's stop motion and then wonder how they accomplished certain moments after taking the film in. I really can't verbalize too much about the film but I definitely felt a lot watching it and thinking about it after.

15. David Huntington's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Whatever that was, it was brilliant.

16. Nick Potter's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

The music was much more effective than the repetitive visuals, but it's still utterly fascinating.

17. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Too jittery. Hurts my eyes.

18. Chilly LeBungus's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

I found myself enjoying this bizarre animation more than I expected myself to, which made for a wonderful experience. It is the perfect length, and certainly took me to another world.

19. David R Williams's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Mesmerizing and repulsive. A world of extreme close ups where objects blur in and out of focus as we move toward and past them. Mechanical ballet. Hairs and fibers oscillate with sexual frenzy. Growths are rubbed till they fall off and are collected. A questing gaze locked into predetermined trajectories. The Brothers Quay reveal the id at its most dark and disturbing.

20. viola.morisi@yahoo.it's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

21. caitlin.f's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

disturbing but mesmerizing as always.

22. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

To say this film is flawed is an understatement. But that is not to say that it lacks some brilliant touches. The music is masterful and atmospheric. Some of the scenery is enthralling. The narrative is where the holes begin to appear, not really coming into focus until the halfway point, and yes that was the point, but it stunted the film overall to me. Camera work was distracting and some images were unappealing.

23. Loz Loory's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

3.5 Stop motion animation is so time-consuming, and this film sure created a unique atmosphere. Loved the idea of the lines of a bar code being plucked like musical instrument strings. Loved the mole/growth--pleasantly disgusting. Music was great. Not sure if visuals did it justice. Not sure why the camera kept tracking up-down, right-left. Wish I knew what the London Underground's "Present Evangelical Rampage" was.

24. runfromfire's rating of the film Rehearsals for Extinct Anatomies

Straight weirdness. It was like watching a mix of the Eraserhead baby, Tool's Sober & old Soviet cartoons with an eerie carnival soundtrack.