1. Toromash's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Reminds me of my various trips to Russia in the 00´s, when my grandmother was still alive. Culture hasn´t changed much in the countryside.

2. Brenda Clews's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

A film poem, perhaps one of the greatest. Images contain memory & the narrator takes us back into his 'old country' Lithuania, his mother as she is, the life that they live that keeps living with the past contained in it, haunting of Nazi Germany, an immigrant life in New York. Hand-held camera, a voice-over that unites the shaky, fragmented images that are memories in a story so moving I cried. Brilliant. Beautiful.

3. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

4. Jionkiim's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

5. Levi Miah's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

In the poetic, spiritual fragments of Jonas Mekas' journey (to help remind himself of the feeling of home; home which is beyond place - consisting more of people, memory and sensory experience), white butterflies appear out of nowhere as if to highlight the impossible beauty and quick glimpses of his moving images.

6. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Transcendental experience of dream-like reminiscences. Beautiful, so beautiful, so real and human. A Journey back into Mekas' own memories. This pearl is essential to watch. Please do.

7. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

9. Carolina.'s rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

10. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Impossible to evaluate this one for me-- it lives in my memory as one of the richest cinematic experiences of my life.

11. Joao Pedro Amorim's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

12. rafaelmontenegrofausto's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

I'm gonna dream about Reminiscences of a journey to Pitanguinha

13. Videograms's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Remember what it was like to feel like a human being? Me neither. And yet, while I was watching this, I almost did.

14. Risselada's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

This still looks like Jonas's mother is actually a mirror of what he will look like in 30 years.

15. rajiv ibrahim's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

remember image of happiness in sans soleil's opening? well, this is like the long or feature-length version of it, love it !