1. fearraigh's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

A wonderfully affecting film that, even as it reflects on the joys of being reunited with one's family and community, is lined with the sadness of loss. There is also a touching accessibility to Mekas' social interactions. Films like this these days are two a penny and often over-egged. This is the real deal though.

2. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

3. edpwilson's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

like waking up after a dream of someone else's memories

4. Nachtreich's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

5. Quattro's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

So genuinely nostalgic, it reminded of those afternoons at my grandpa's house in my childhood. (After watching this I actually dreamt about my family having a tape like this.) The frantic editing really helps turning images into the impressions the title refers to. Stunning cinematography, paradoxically. The last part felt disconnected and unnecessary to me; maybe all it needed to end was one, last shot of Lithuania.

6. captainfez's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

If you enjoy home movies depicting manure being shoved out a window, then HAVE I GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU.

7. Bartosz's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Ulubiony film Venclovy i Miłosza? Jest tu głęboka, ale trudno uchwytna prawda o Europie Środkowo-Wschodniej. Odniosłem też wrażenie, że Mekas to typ inteligenta z tego regionu, który raczej nie występuje w Polsce: wsobny, jakby zdominowany przez peryferyjne pochodzenie (naszym bliżej do ambicjonalnej gorączki). Przypomina tym Dušana Hanáka, którego "Obrazy starego świata" są z kolei podobne do "Wspomnień".

8. DrFirestone's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Emotional and intimate journey back home. The fragmentation works well, it amplifies the notion of catching glimpses of old memories. Those brief moments could serve as a definition of nostalgia caught on film. The beginning in NY and the ending seem out of place though, they aren't connected well with the subject - reminiscences of a journey to Lithuania. Still, the main portion is a treat to watch.

9. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

10. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

"We are...we still are displaced persons...even today. And the world is full of us. Every continent is full of displaced persons."

11. Cosma's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Pure, shiny sadness. Images as fragile as remains of tiny creatures. Like finding bones of a prey buried in the soil. Like the molt of a snake scattered in the dust or its sinuous trace in the mud. Or is it just me, my being moody last night? God, give me sorrow so I know I am alive. I don't want their money, I don't want no fame, just sorrow. Give me that. Give it all to me.

12. Kamran's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

A beautiful and heartwarming sentiment to personal history, presence, and wonder for a forgotten world. 87/100 - Excellent. (4.5)

13. DanielSpeight's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

14. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

15. zi's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

16. mis marg's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Full of emotion watching this wonderful remembrance of a life lived honestly , simply, hard life with mother at the end of hers so sad...rue seeds,birch bark tea, importance of berries -so much home grown and hard work to prepare everything..connection with nature, pristine meadows no GMO. Exuberance of dancing and singing. This world must have changed again since this making.

17. between7skies's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

3 1/2.Not yet ready to put the work in the category of the greats.But very interesting position on film as diary about life told in a fragmentary manner.The voice over commentary is very poignant,but the constant movement in the image made it difficult to watch in one stretch. But in the end, very happy to have discovered his work and listen to his talks about filmmaking

18. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

An enjoyable personal journey with director Jonas Mekas, showing a return visit to their homeland (which they left near the end of WWII). This film shows the struggles of a generation during wartime while also celebrating the many pleasures that life affords those who survive.

19. dreamseed's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

The man with a movie camera, a lifetime, a discipline, a dream.

20. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

Mekas is a shaman of the soul. A mystic.

21. Hélène Musc's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

22. qw0aszx's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

let the image flow, let the sound fly, let those tears coming out of your eyes...

23. BOREALIZZZ's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

antes que nada, lo guardé en favoritos

24. vxpl's rating of the film Reminiscences of a Journey to Lithuania

this was like watching a painting