1. Nikolás Rojas's rating of the film Repulsion

Try not to see this movie alone at night, or stooned. On the other hand, beautiful photography that accompanies Carol's psyche.

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Repulsion

7.6/10, “REPULSION comes off as a textbook exemplar of low-budget horror production even before the slash spree commences.” my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3MP

3. ana's rating of the film Repulsion

Definitely a good film,but easy to read through,all stereotypes and metaphors.I know Roman Polanski as a pedophiliac and Sharon Tate's husband.Pregnant Tate was killed at a party, along with all her guests,by Manson.And Deneuve is a dead ringer for Tate as the story.The film is so misogynistic it's feminist, giving the main,male character and traits.No meat rots like that and that metaphor shows the makers' knowledge

4. Kasia Chojecka's rating of the film Repulsion

Catherine was just breathtaking.

5. Juan Javier's rating of the film Repulsion

No parece lo mejor de él, pero esta bastante bien

6. lesminho's rating of the film Repulsion

7. Pegarange's rating of the film Repulsion

A really scary, shocking portrayal of decaying mental health (and a decaying dead rabbit). Brilliant performances both from Deneuve as the main character and from Polanski as the director.

8. SonOfRambow's rating of the film Repulsion

Bored me to tears. I love Deneuve and loved the cinematography, but so many scenes were dragged out. The actors did their best, but the director just kept on filming and the cheap surprises fitted in nowhere. Style over substance. Had elements of Giallo and Hammer, but I seriously felt like this is a film I've seen a thousand times already. Anyway, yeah. I hated it.

9. ionu's rating of the film Repulsion

10. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Repulsion

11. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Repulsion

Repulsed by toxic masculinity and alienated by the urban rat race (shown VIA the sister and her rich boyfriend,) Repulsion is glacial, detached, and languid. Yet, the clinical passivity increasingly sucks you into a soulless vacuum until you reach an inner void. Emotionally powerful by being coldly emotional, it gets you feeling dead inside, like Deneuve's character. I'd compare it to the music of Joy Division.

12. tinderness's rating of the film Repulsion

Die Verletzlichkeit des Körpers und die Unausweichlichkeit der Folgen kindlichen Traumas: wenn die Welt sich zusammenzieht auf den Mikrokosmos der Vergangenheit.

13. Luca's rating of the film Repulsion

14. Kamran Gardashzade's rating of the film Repulsion

15. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Repulsion

the plot of this rather overrated little film is too laughable to sustain immersion in the scenario, the treatment of "insanity" grossly philistine...what saves this movie is the many instances of sheer shocks and shudders, and if i may say so, the soundtrack & visuals deserve the lion's share of credit for making this movie watchable...but, the tenant and rosemary's baby were much better...

16. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Repulsion

17. Renton47's rating of the film Repulsion

Perhaps Deneuve could stand to rewatch her own film. Could one come away with a different take on the violence of unwanted advances? Sadly yes, and consequently I'm yet to be moved by this (only by Polanski's use of space & confinement). Its characterisation a bit clinical or cruel, which might be its strength in not giving illness cause and effect, but I also see it prepped for ugly pleasures and interpretations.

18. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Repulsion

If Alfred Hitchcock had ever made "Psycho" and changed the point of view from the victim to the killer's point of view I think the film would have looked something close to this one. Catherine Deneuve is excellent as both fragile and extremely dangerous in a performance that captivates from the first second. It has some captivating shots of surrealism, terror, gruesomeness and beauty in it.

19. Shantal Abrego's rating of the film Repulsion

Tengo mucho qué decir sobre esta película, pero me gustaría hacer unas investigaciones primero. Esta película es increíble, el horror se va formando por distintos elementos en efecto bola de nieve. Como feminista, el film me afectó mucho, sobre todo después de conocer sobre los cargos presentados hacia Polanski. Esta película es sin duda de estudio sociológico. Polanski me causa repulsión, pero amo esta película.

20. LomasEastwood's rating of the film Repulsion

Watch how Catherine Deneuve becomes psychotic in this masterpiece of cinema!

21. Jeremy's rating of the film Repulsion

What is there left to say about this movie? A masterpiece which anyone remotely interested in cinema should see at least once. Or if you're anything like me, once a year.

22. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Repulsion

23. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Repulsion

3-4. As unromantic a take on Cinderella as I've ever seen, it feels like we know a touch too little about our heroine for all the time we spend inside her psyche. Granted, I greatly appreciate that the movie never languishes too long in Carol's psyche before more conflict pops up. But I can't say I think it's a whole lot greater than the sum of its parts. But it did remind me fondly of 'The Wind' and Lillian Gish.

24. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Repulsion