1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

Professionally directed, superb performed & based on a true story. However, strangely, it doesn't catch you emotionally. At times even boring. Solid, not more.

2. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

1.5/5 Caro mio Herzog, ma che volevi fare esattamente?

3. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

I certainly prefer "Little Dieter ...". Not better than any other random american Vietnam war movie.

4. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

I preferred "Little Dieter Needs To Fly" over this, but this is unmistakingly a Herzon flick. The whole thing is wonky in the best way. All very real, in a very real jungle. You can almost smell it.

5. Thomas's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

Captures the essence of an epic struggle for survival, Herzog still manages to create unease and tension in what is a conventional American production.

6. Ethan's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

This is a spectacular film that features stellar performances from Christian Bale and even Steve Zahn. That Steve Zahn is actually a very underrated actor.

7. Alex Lewis's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

what's with the ending?!

8. Steve G.'s rating of the film Rescue Dawn

Undemanding POW drama. I was expecting something a bit more substantial from Werner Herzog but it's still enjoyable enough even though the fates of the characters involved other than Christian Bale are seemingly of no interest to Herzog. Excellent performances by Bale and the great Steve Zahn.

9. ceknklsn's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

10. Ahmed Hasan's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

11. antibody's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

12. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Rescue Dawn

13. anarresti's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

It is interesting to see Herzog in a production like this. He keeps his integrity and is able to do a good, solid film. In his body of work, I do prefer the documentaries and the more experimental (did not want to say poetic, because that adjective does not sound herzogian) films. But this is quite interesting. Herzog is interested in telling the stories, the details that usually are left untold. See where it ends.

14. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

Lo más sobresaliente es sin duda esa transformación física de Christian Bale, cuestión que supera incluso el nivel performativo del actor. Para eso preferiría citar la actuación de uno de sus acompañantes de celda, un neurótico y también calavérico. Está también es cuadro paisajista. Herzog no deja de espiar los contextos en donde existe la oportunidad de montar una expedición, una odisea. La selva, su debilidad.

15. Sara Castro's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

O final estraga um bocadinho.

16. André Vieira's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

3,5. Absolutely loved Steve Zahn's performance. Typical USA ending.

17. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

Sullo sfondo di una natura meravigliosa,mostrata già in Aguirre e Fitzcarraldo,Herzog costruisce un'intensa storia di guerra intrisa di coraggio,speranza e voglia di libertà .Colori magnifici(il rosso della terra è grandioso),scene da Maestro(la sequenza nella giungla toglie il fiato) e direzione artistica con pochissime sbavature. Herzog lascia sempre il segno. 4*

18. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

Christian Bale is BRILLIANT!

19. Vineeth Pinglae's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

herzog succeeds in making a compelling and tense film about man vs nature ..Christian Bale gives his best..

20. Sthirabandhu's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

good but not great, Bale is a fine actor. it's main point of interest is of course it being based on a real experience. made a nice afternoon matinee

21. Peter Blake's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

Not a bad film; but if you cut 10 minutes off the third act and added it in the first, you'd have a much better one.

22. raggiodisole's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

a touch on the hokey side, but another Christian Bale performance worth viewing

23. Philip Taylor's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

My teenage son Daniel was convinced this was made "80 years ago" due to the style. I loved the character study of Dieter, the USAF pilot who just keeps on surviving in Viet Nam. Beautiful work by Mr Herzog. Thank you.

24. Syd Buron's rating of the film Rescue Dawn

I nearly switched off after 20 minutes, but I'm glad I didn't. Terrible at the beginning, but worth sticking with. Although the ending is a bit cheesy too.. so what I'm saying is that it was a good film at some point in the middle! You get the impression that this film was an epic survival for the central actors, and they appeared to give a lot for this film.