1. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Reservation Road

Ruffalo outclassed Phoenix. The movie works cause we're emotionally involved in it real quick but the movie becomes one dimensionnal overall.. Could be a great one with a better Director.

2. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Reservation Road

3. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Reservation Road

This film is a wonderful portrayal of the stages of grief that a parent, after losing a child, goes through. Of course, here we see this taken a step further with Phoenix's performance that verges on homicidal in order to find answers to his son's murder. Yes, while the ending is more ambiguous than some may like, it lets the viewer make their own conclusions as opposed to obvious ones. Great acting, very good film.

4. Justin Vicari's rating of the film Reservation Road

It's a bit TV movie-ish and the ending sort of fails to kick on any level. But this was where I was first gained an appreciation for Ruffalo, who builds real nuance into what could have been a one-note role, and deeper appreciation for Phoenix, who is focused and cathartic. Recommended for the acting.

5. Marta's rating of the film Reservation Road

Am I the only one who thinks the movie could have benefit from stronger performances b the leading men? The kids did almost a better job...

6. Starshine's rating of the film Reservation Road

7. pivic's rating of the film Reservation Road

Fairly OK film, served up with good acting and a fair plot. Not too judgmental but quite Hollywoodesque. The sorrow is well-acted through Phoenix and Connelly and also by Ruffalo, in his own way. Still, shouldn't have been this Hollywoodesque. Would have been better off with a large slice of innovative thinking.

8. vordven's rating of the film Reservation Road

9. Michael Nisi's rating of the film Reservation Road

10. deltics's rating of the film Reservation Road

In the hands of a less sensitive director and less capable actors, this could easily have been a very ordinary tale of revenge and consequences, but the cast delivers a compelling performance and the director skillfully steers the events so that we are instead deeply moved, and invited to consider this story from different perspectives.