1. Dries's rating of the film Staying Vertical

E' talmente assurdo da essere divertente anche se un villaggio pieno de froci è davvero surreale

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Staying Vertical

3. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Staying Vertical

Weird in the best sense. The characters, the plot, the scenery, everthing in Rester Vertical is assymetrically beautiful and unsetling. It feels like a Stephen King novel, but instead of horror you get some pretty casual mindfuckness. Though I think it is a pretty clever film about filmmaking, if you took the literal script storyline out of the equation it might have felt a bit more powerful.

4. hemachandra's rating of the film Staying Vertical

5. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Staying Vertical

A confusing and allegorical comedic drama about confusion, alienation, creativity, desires and the fear of commitment. There are so many weird and unexpected things that happens in this film. It all actually oddly make sense in this film. Especially in the second half; where the film really got better for me. I think it might just be an ode to screenwriting itself. A film that surely deserves some analysis. 3.5 stars

6. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Staying Vertical

Been there, done that. https://medium.com/the-flickering-wall/back-where-you-started-7454bcff9151

7. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Staying Vertical

Pasolini plus Dumont. But the whole is smaller than the sum of its parts.

8. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Staying Vertical

9. Matt Richards's rating of the film Staying Vertical

A very clever, at times frank and always slightly bent look at masculinity that feels just a little bit in the Bruno Dumont camp of absurdist comedy. The birthing scene has to be one of the most visceral on screen for some time. I adored the wolf/male metaphor and the way Guiraudie finished the film poetically. 3.5 stars

10. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film Staying Vertical

11. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Staying Vertical

7.4/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2SY

12. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Staying Vertical

Guiraudie's sexual tension and unpredictability are still very present in a film where conventions and expectations are thrown out the window. This is an immersive experience that feels kinda weird for most of the time but crawls into your mind: scenes like the baby's birth, the deathbed sex and the medicinal (?) tree/plant still resonate long after the film ends.

13. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Staying Vertical

This is messed up. Really messed up. But somehow it works, and the most unsettling moments are the ones that made you starve for more. Perhaps not Guiraudie's most memorable movie, but I will not forget the birth scene anytime soon.

14. José Neves's rating of the film Staying Vertical

3,5. Digital. Verticality is something that never lacked to Guiraudie's permanence in his identitary system of fictions who corrode and undermine the possibility of a socio-realistic portrait through several heterodox variations, constantly finding in them a very clear and generous space for the social and narrative margins - economic, sexual, figurative. It's his imponderable "vieux rêve" that still moves.

15. João Martins's rating of the film Staying Vertical

Without any kind of taboo, Alain Guiraudie explores the limits of social conventions, sexual tensions (without regard to gender or preferences). This film finish any usual relations between different people and societies perspective of them. It continues the sensorial and a bit bizarre experience included in his previous film 'Stranger by the Lake'.

16. -REM-'s rating of the film Staying Vertical

17. Pymo's rating of the film Staying Vertical

Baby one more time be hungry like a wolf...

18. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Staying Vertical

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film Staying Vertical

20. $ROBINROSA$'s rating of the film Staying Vertical

21. Shōten's rating of the film Staying Vertical

22. Corina Romonti's rating of the film Staying Vertical

23. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Staying Vertical

24. Renton47's rating of the film Staying Vertical

An increasingly rare instance of cinema confounding and delighting me in equal measure. A serious statement within metaphysical-lite boundaries, all the more impressive for never feeling self-serious. The rhythmic ambience of this film is almost soothing, even when we never quite grasp what we are seeing. When we see the full picture (that end!) it's sad and beautiful without losing its magic.