1. EdieEmm's rating of the film Return of the Prodigal Son

"The film you are about to see... bears no resemblance to reality. It is only a play in which everything is distorted & exaggerated. Life isn't like this." Schorm's wry, subtle, devastating joke, of which the rest of the film is the punchline. Alienation & sublimation under conditions of repression (with Bergman-like themes of redemption). Of it's time, and stunted by censors, but (sadly) no less relevant for it.

2. Dignan's rating of the film Return of the Prodigal Son

Passive and timid film. Perhaps useless.

3. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Return of the Prodigal Son

Glad to finally see this recently. I chiefly remember the image of a man on the run from the angry mob (itself unsure of what there is to be angry about).

4. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Return of the Prodigal Son

5. sekmadieniaislyja's rating of the film Return of the Prodigal Son

"If you'd killed someone else,you would have been punished,and if you wanted to kill yourself...so this is something like a prison .I'll have to take the punishment of being alive."

6. My Paredros's rating of the film Return of the Prodigal Son

Think of this as the Pierrot from behind the iron curtain. Equally as histrionic and frenetic, but its absurdism is darker, oneiric, more pyschologically elaborate and paced. Brejchová's little stumbles and Kačer's mopey wayfarers are beautiful counterparts to Karina's violent enchantress eyes and Belmondo's cigarettes. Easily my favorite film of this genre.

7. Yuki Aditya's rating of the film Return of the Prodigal Son