1. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie

An aesthetically beguiling yet opaque experience, like watching animated rose petals get carried by the pre-rendered wind. The architecture of Marienbad-esque academy is also a sight to behold, perpetually re-arranging itself like the shattered fragments of a repressed memory.

2. evolvingdodo (waffles)'s rating of the film Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie

I enjoyed the movie, but I agree on the fact that if I hadn't seen the series first, I would have probably found it very confusing. The characters and their stories look like a draft here. I think the series is much more engaging, but if you have seen that you are going to love the movie.

3. bima ferdinandsyah's rating of the film Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie

yes! it's about a girl who wants to be a prince. it has lesbians gay-ass and really mindraep things.

4. TK BUCKLEY's rating of the film Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie

I can't be the only one who sees crazy parallels to David Lynch's Fire Walk With Me, both in terms of conception and thematically. Based on the television series and unfairly dismissed for being incoherent and unable to stand on it's own. Deepening the intensity of the content in the series to explore the unbearable trauma of sexual abuse and incestuous relationships. Anthy is Laura Palmer.

5. Westley's rating of the film Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie

The TV series Revolutionary Girl Utena is one of the best anime series ever created, and I've seen a lot of anime. But this movie was just crap. It's pretty to look at, but the story is absurd B.S. The series was absurd too, but in a good way, not like this movie.

6. BUSHRA's rating of the film Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie

one of the most surreal films i've ever watched and i wish it was longer because i felt like the brevity of the movie made everything feel rushed. don't watch this movie without watching the series. also one of the most beautiful animated cinematography i've ever seen. even though i gave it five stars, i'm torn between loving it and going "huh?" but it was incredibly provocative for me and i really can't explain why.