1. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Less epic than I expected it to be, and gladly so. Very well structured. I loved analyzing the expressions of the different characters, mainly Winslet, who is impeccable.

2. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

4.7! A tale of complacency, limits, love, and freedom; beautiful film.

3. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

cw: self-injury . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Watching this movie is like cutting your wrists but it's not not worth it in the end.

4. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

My kind of movie, just people yelling at each other at all times. <3

5. MistaRichard's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

I may be biased because, after all, this is Sam Mendes, but this movie really struck me as very near perfect. Takes a look at a couple really far from the societal norm at the time and their struggle to remain together without caving to their peers' opinions. «Who made these rules anyway?»

6. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

“RR” looks and feels like a generic Hollywood production but thanks to Yates’ book and a successful adaptation of it, the movie surpasses the standard dramas. The story poses unpleasant questions which most of us have to face and from which the rest have to hide. Kate Winslet is amazing, as is Michael Shannon as John Givings, the truth speaking loony, a character that could come only from the mind of a great author.

7. belemir's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

8. Cherry's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Kate Winslet is absolutely phenomenal- I mean this, The Reader & Little Children are 3 of the most extraordinary performances by an actress I've seen. Her & Cate Blanchett are the best of their era in my opinion. I like Leo but he was completely acted off screen here. Would've preferred Todd Field directing as Mendes' films always feel a bit incomplete to me- like there's something missing in the script but still.

9. Cátia Pereira's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

I'm in awe. It is delighting to watch Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio together again portraying this apparently picture-perfect, although troubled, couple in an incredibly dark dramatic story about the loss of purpose in life and the incapability of dealing with a "hopeless emptiness" that came upon them from a claustrophobic everyday routine where nothing in their world is as special as they thought it would be.

10. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Incredible chemistry and stunningly convincing "scenes from a marriage" between DiCaprio and Winslet. The directorial choices in the ending may disappoint, but the highs are high here.

11. telasi's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

12. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

When I see this kind of work, I immediately think: oh, well, this is kind of beautiful, but predictable. I see lines and marks, but not guts - that's the point, it's staged drama. On cinema road, nothing revolutionary really.

13. aikeart's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Vivir en un mundo vacío y sin esperanzas compensado por su estabilidad y su dinero... no aquí.

14. AnAppleScruff's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

The photography is pretty, like an Edward Hopper’s painting. But the film didn’t catch all the facets of April’s and Frank’s personality. I guess Yates' book is not the best material for a screenplay, Frank and April say one thing, but they mean the opposite, how are you supposed to translate that into a movie? So many important scenes are missing. For one, why isn’t Frank building the garden’s path?

15. Renton47's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Mendes continues his irrational fear of the suburbs in this polished but silly piece of “serious filmmaking”. That I find his films imminently watchable is only a small consolation to the fact that this material is taken way too seriously – the idea that Frank and April would find Eden in Paris is laughable and that the film treats it as a matter of life and death with tasteless histrionics is an oversight.

16. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

The poignant disparity between hopes and dreams on one hand and pragmatic everyday life on the other. Deeply rooted conformity within misfits standing at a crossroad leading to inner conflicts and emotional decay. As actual a theme as ever.

17. Emmet Gingles's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

DiCaprio and Winslet make a great couple but it really is depressing how their relationship falls apart.

18. Charlie_Thomas's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Feelin' like Leo - trying to break out of the system, but feeling too validated by it. Also love the poignant end when the old man has just had enough of hearing his wife chat shit so he turns off his hearing aid. Stole the show.

19. Sam Brewster's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Gut wrenching relationship drama. The escalation of animosity that the two of them experience can only reach these heights in a period when relationships were sustained beyond their natural end - It's frightening how their obligation to each other slowly erodes their personalities. Beautifully directed, gorgeously shot; forget Bond, this is Sam Mendes at his best.

20. Katie Whitford's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

21. raggiodisole's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Difficult to like these characters, but not hard to empathise with the pressures of expectations, hopes and desires that come to bear down upon them

22. fizzpot's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Unsatisfactory and some over-acting

23. Mar Coniglio's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

John Givings: "Hopeless emptiness. Now you've said it. Plenty of people are onto the emptiness, but it takes real guts to see the hopelessness."

24. Elina E's rating of the film Revolutionary Road

Devastatingly real dissolution of a couple's marriage and how the conventional societal values of that time work to emotionally isolate April (and in turn, women). DiCaprio and Winslet have a natural chemistry.

← Previous 1 3 4 5